Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Czech nymphers almost killed them selves because they are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    and not ONE four letter word that's applicable........

Zeph comes to mind.

my wife calls it the four letter "f" word - "Fish"!

Had good laugh, but have seen some of these "zombies". One day one looked liked one of the "bitter einders" on die comrades... looking dead tired, limp-walking with his wader stick... crippled... but still throwing his rig like a big fishing trawler...

..but still throwing his rig like a big fishing trawler...

that was spot on Gavin ! :smile:

Zoran it was an absolute pleasure meeting you! You are one funny mofo!!!

Great read, very graphic hahaha.

Were these guys perhaps drunk, or normal?

Sent from my Samsung S4 Mini smart-ass phone

Quote Originally Posted by madporra View Post
    Great read, very graphic hahaha.

Were these guys perhaps drunk, or normal?

I reckon it was you Paul....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Only saw this now - Zoran i feel your pain because these 2 guys sound like idiots but you have to be careful not to paint all with the same brush - that is how innocent Mozambicans end up murdered.

I have had cases where i am Czech Nymphing, and fishing really close to me, and catching plenty fish and not bothering anyone else, where a normal fly fisherman would stand 20 m away and would still cast to where i am fishing with his normal casting stroke. What you are saying is that even though i found the spot and caught the fish (using a lot of skill to do so at such short range), now you with your 20m cast has the right to fish that spot because of the technique you use and i must move away? How is this logical?

Yes there are idiots out there, but the fact that my preferred method of fishing the Vaal is Short line nymph techniques does not mean i am an idiot, and the fact that you like to cast from a distance does not make you not an idiot - there are bad seeds in all types of fishing.

You seem to have a beef with two different things:
    1) Inconsiderate idiots who will ruin someone else's day just for their own benefit - amazingly you might even find that some of these are Dry Fly fishermen! I know a good couple of Dry fly fishermen that are absolute tools.
    2) From reading posts of yours all the way back to Sexyloops i know you are very passionate about fly casting which is great and i share your passion - it is a wonderful thing - i can therefore understand how you would have a problem with techniques that b*stardise that and you are completely within your right to hold that view.

Please dont think though that if you are a 2, then you must be a 1.

I do agree with you though - i wish these idiots would go elsewhere and leave me alone, regardless of what type of fishing they are doing.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Great post Grant. I agree totally.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast