Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orvis Blanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    In SA it's hard to challenge the Sage warranty and excellent dealer support from Frontier and Upstream. I've read that the latest offerings from Hardy and Orvis are great and GL NRX needs no introduction. But, ownership is also about warranty and resale. In my book, anyway.
    100% in agreement Neil. The only rod/blank I would consider from Orvis at this stage would be the Superfine Touch (in carbon and glass) which (depending on model) retails for like $150. For a price like that I would go for it, but aside from that, staying with arguably the best brand and best service is a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I agree....not worth their money. Most Orvis's aren't much good. There are one or two that are ok, but for most of them, very overrated flyrods.
    The Helios2 is quite a rod. I've fished the 8'4 3-weight, and it is a superb rod!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    100% in agreement Neil. The only rod/blank I would consider from Orvis at this stage would be the Superfine Touch (in carbon and glass) which (depending on model) retails for like $150. For a price like that I would go for it, but aside from that, staying with arguably the best brand and best service is a no-brainer.

The Helios2 is quite a rod. I've fished the 8'4 3-weight, and it is a superb rod!!
    Good to hear. Still messing with GRP are you?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Good to hear. Still messing with GRP are you?
    Oh yes FORSURE!!! At the price of CRP being what it is, and for the fishing that I do GRP just makes sense. What is mad (and now begin to see) if how GRP is being overpriced. But, there are ways around that too luckily
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario, next time you order goeters, let me know. Want to build a TFO BVK in 8wt but want really good fittings. Save on shipping etc. Think Mudhole do TFO.

Klink kwaai Neil ek self soek 8wt 10ft BVK! :wink:

Sell you a Sage Xi-2 8wt if you like

No tcxanks.

I had no problem getting a new tip for a blank Orvis I bought from mudhole, there was no charge except sending it back, which you would have to do with anything else.

Pleas explain what the difference is between a replacement fee and a warranty fee, because there is still no such thing as a free lifetime warranty, you break, you pay, no matter what the fee is named.
    Regards
    Craig

StreamX orders from Mudhole every second month, and you pay the mudhole retail price.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    I had no problem getting a new tip for a blank Orvis I bought from mudhole, there was no charge except sending it back, which you would have to do with anything else.

Pleas explain what the difference is between a replacement fee and a warranty fee, because there is still no such thing as a free lifetime warranty, you break, you pay, no matter what the fee is named.
    Sage (Frontier) charges R150 to get a section (or more) replaced of the blank. Without someone (I have tried 3 years ago with no luck) to contact locally, you'd have to find someone at Orvis (Jim was the guy I finally spoke to - immensely nice and helpful guy) and deal with them directly. The section cost me something like R850 to replace.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast