Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Works of art

Default Works of art

Wow... I would also have difficulty using such intricate flies. Would probably lock them in a display case rather than fish with them.

These are great.
    Google "realistic fly tying" and have your mind blown....unbelievable
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I see what you mean Andre.

Must say some of those look like real dead insects with a hook drawn through them.??

But like you say those are works of art. You'll catch on every cast but would you have the heart to have them mangled on the first fish. Most are just 1 fish wonders.

Realistic fly tying, is another branch of the sport. Apparently they don't fish the flies, they are just for display. Some flies can take many hours , or even days to complete, and some of the materials used, make them impossible to fish with.
    When it comes to fishing a fly, its very often not the realistic look that fools the fish, but the accentuated triggers, and the life like movement.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Can't remember where I read it or what Murray told me he mentioned a dude who tied a fly which took him more than 800 hours to complete.....

Are you talking about Murray Peddar? he is a master at realistic tying.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Can't remember where I read it or what Murray told me he mentioned a dude who tied a fly which took him more than 800 hours to complete.....

Yes the guy he mentioned is a well known dude in the realistic tying world he is not you average Andre, Korrie fly-tyer.

Glad you think im average... my tying is really below average, that's why I only use home made dubbing brushes and CDC feather flies. I cant tie very well with all the other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Yes the guy he mentioned is a well known dude in the realistic tying world he is not you average Andre, Korrie fly-tyer.

Check this site... wow and wow again. If you click on the images, he shows you how he tied them....
    http://www.grahamowengallery.com/fis...fly_tying.html
    Last edited by Andre; 04-08-15 at 11:22 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast