Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dragons peak resort.

Default Dragons peak resort.

Hi guys. I'm heading to dragons peak in the berg next weekend. Has anyone fly fished there? Believe it's only got bass and grass carp. I'm taking my float tube with. I unfortunately don't have waders but will be using a wetsuit. How can I catch grass carp? Please could someone help with more information on this spot.

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

the dams around that area are mainly bass, some good fun with a small popper though.

Also, the sterkspuit flows right past with has some nice trout ... its quite bushy though.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Thanks fire. Anyone know about water quality. Guys on Kickboats getting bilharzia from shongweni. Worried about most bodies of water now. Would a wetsuit wader I had made with closed feet help prevent this kind of stuff? I'm just considering leaving the float tube behind. Please could someone help with these questions.

There is some "almost" decent small stream trouting in the river. Just put in the time and you will pick up something. Try do go downstream as well.

The dam is OK, but it is just Bass. Don't waste your time on the Grass Carp.

I'm sure it will be fine to Float Tube.

There is canoes and a raft I can rent up there. So if I want to fish in the dam will use a canoe or raft.

Klap a dettol bath when you're done fishing, sorts out the bilharzia... Unless you've been fishing non-stop for the whole weekend ��
    Check your knots!

if i were you i would take the float tube, much better fishing off a float tube than kayak (for me anyway) ... no worries re water quality in that area. water is pretty close to pristine.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Ya its a done deal taking float tube is going with.

Reading this late. We have a small holding maybe 2km from dragon peaks. The river is fun to fish, I mainly fish farmers dams and scaly on the way to ladysmith.
    The water is clean.
    Pity I read this now as I'm in pmb till October 16th.
    Next time you there pm me.

Last night tonight. Never fished the river. Unfortunately didn't bring shoes for walking the river and stuff. Fished in the 4 dams on the property and got lots of bass. Nothing to write home about. Fished of my float tube. Be warned the dams cause swimmers itch also called cercarial dermatitis. I've had it for 2 dams now. It pretty hectic. Next time will leave float tube and take better river exploring shoes with. But fun all round. Just not the itch.

Last edited by flyingbass; 28-09-15 at 06:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast