Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Survey on Flyfishing at Sterkfontein Dam

Default Survey on Flyfishing at Sterkfontein Dam

Prof. Gijsbert Hoogendoorn is doing an academic survey on fly fishing tourism at Sterkfontein Dam. Please fill out his survey in order to assist him with his research. Results from this survey will give insight into impact of fly fishing at Sterkfontein Dam.

https://surveyplanet.com/5627a81f74c92a0e1419bd2a
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks Darryl for this post. I really appreciate it.

done, lets support this .. may encourage local NC to look after the facility better.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Done. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Nice...I didn't have to give my real name...Thanks Daryll...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Prof. Gijsbert Hoogendoorn is doing an academic survey on fly fishing tourism at Sterkfontein Dam. Please fill out his survey in order to assist him with his research. Results from this survey will give insight into impact of fly fishing at Sterkfontein Dam.

https://surveyplanet.com/5627a81f74c92a0e1419bd2a
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

hi Dlampert,
    i saw this last week and was hesitant in giving info. it looks legit, even a real prof name to boost but, why a study sterkies yellows, is it for development or a source of food for the local community (illegal netting stories or made legal) because i really cant see anyother reason

I though that the first page explained quite nicely the aims of the survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    hi Dlampert,
    i saw this last week and was hesitant in giving info. it looks legit, even a real prof name to boost but, why a study sterkies yellows, is it for development or a source of food for the local community (illegal netting stories or made legal) because i really cant see anyother reason
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I though that the first page explained quite nicely the aims of the survey.
    indeed, tourism, sounds like a holiday inn plans in the pipe line

hi Dlampert,
    Hi Dollar, Gijs is an Associate Professor of Geography at UJ, a good friend of mine, an excellent flyfisherman and he has the best interests of the flyfishing community at heart. His PhD had something to do with flyfishing (can't remember what exactly) and this is research that he is doing for another paper. It is to do with conservation, economics and the profile of fly fishers. I can get more info from him about it if you like?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

indeed, tourism, sounds like a holiday inn plans in the pipe line
    Hi Dollar

One of the reasons so many people in the flyfishing community have endorsed the research is because we trust Gijs integrity as both an academic and a flyfisherman. I would never have promoted the survey if I didn't trust him, his opinion and that fact that i know he has Sterkies best interests at heart.

Cheers

Jade
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast