Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CDC Bubble Caddis

Default CDC Bubble Caddis

Great pattern - I have been tying a fishing these types (looped CDC type) flies the last few outings, and really enjoy them. They float well and draw a lot of fish.

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Looks good, thanks for sharing Mario
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Looks good, thanks for sharing Mario
    Thanks D - Will try do an SBS over the weekend (if I have time) on a pattern that has caught some nice yellows over the past few months. Mutation between a DHE and the Bubble Caddis.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Oh Shucks, I thought it would be a SBS of you tying a fly, not just a link.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I have tied and fished DHE for about 5 years and never had a lot of success with them (maybe I just tie them badly). Having said that I watched Andrew Fowler fish them with some success on Monday on the Smalblaar. I tend to fish more mayflies than caddis but will switch to caddis in the late afternoon - then usually a CDC & Elk. Will tie up some of these though and try them.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Oh Shucks, I thought it would be a SBS of you tying a fly, not just a link.
    a) See previous post - hoping to find time
    b) Not placed under SBS section or titled SBS
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    I have tied and fished DHE for about 5 years and never had a lot of success with them (maybe I just tie them badly).
    I think a lot depends on the correct hook - mine also did not keel properly until I used a modified hook. That worked for me.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Mine keel fine, I just find the fish don't eat them all that often. I think the last ones I tied were on scud hooks (Grip and Kamasan)

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Very nice fly this. Will have to give it a go.

Very nice fly this
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast