Thread: Hi All

Thumbs up Hi All

Hi All,

I have recently contracted this fly fishing disease to the point where it's driven my family a bit wild and now they wish to hear no more fishing stories or of my efforts to buy new gear! They will never understand though!

However that being said, I am a classic rookie to the sport. I have got an Orvis Clearwater 9ft 5wt rod and Orvis 5wt reel. My biggest issue apart from attempting to tie knots with tippet is what wading boots to get! It has not been much fun walking down a river in training shoes! I have done some extensive research into what boots are around, its seems that Simms are really the best. However, locating a store in this country that stocks Simms gear is another mission on its own. Any advice on where to get boots, also what size and wading socks I should get? I fit a size 11 shoe.

Although from my side, I'm currently a student at Stellenbosch, but live in KZN in Hilton. Really enjoyed the forum since joining, its been great to get some good info and to learn from the members. Recently did a yellow fish mission in the umgeni river and came off successful thanx to the help from this page so thanx!

Look forward to hearing from you guys - keep well, cheers!

welcome Mikedurandt,
    for simms products go here http://www.frontierflyfishing.co.za/....html?start=40

Hey man,

In Cape Town you can get them from Upstream, got mine there. http://www.upstreamflyfishing.co.za/...ing.php#waders
    Regards,
    Leonardo

Welcome to the forum
    Fish For The Future
    Please Catch And Release

Welcome to the forum bud...
    Here Fishy Fishy...