Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Rotating Head Fly Tying Vise

Ordered a Danvice today from Ganis.
    R899.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...7.29.56.mLwhpz

When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"? I imported a reel recently for 11 Dollars. The transport was 14 Dollars, and its a nice reel. Can probably do the same for boots, tying vise etc. The attached vise, is just one of many that are available at a price that really isn't a bank breaker.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"?
    I'm 50/50 on this. In a way, yes, I agree (wrt pricing). We are paying a LOT for items that are bought at very low cost on the east and "rebranded" and sold at a huge increase in price. But, that is the way business works I guess.

What I don't agree with, is that we don't need dealers at all. I have quite a few instances when items arriving from the east have been sub-standard, not as advertised/offered, or just plain been taken for a ride. Dealers do give you a LOT of peace of mind, and brick-and-mortar shops will always be something we need.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...7.29.56.mLwhpz

When I look at some of the stuff available from China, and the prices, I cant help thinking..., "why do we actually need dealers"? I imported a reel recently for 11 Dollars. The transport was 14 Dollars, and its a nice reel. Can probably do the same for boots, tying vise etc. The attached vise, is just one of many that are available at a price that really isn't a bank breaker.
    I cant speak for others, but what stops me everytime is just not knowing... Who is this guy/company, can I trust him, will he hack into my bank account and steal all the money that isn't there, will I get something after I paid for it?
    Where and how do you buy André? Alibaba? And what is the general process for a regular oke like me?

you got me thinking BenzoV, how about opening an account for such purchases, having only a certain amount of money just in case the account gets hack. btw i feel your symptoms too

Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    you got me thinking BenzoV, how about opening an account for such purchases, having only a certain amount of money just in case the account gets hack. btw i feel your symptoms too
    99% of distributors/agents and manufacturers I have ordered from accept PayPal.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    Where and how do you buy André? Alibaba? And what is the general process for a regular oke like me?
    Check www.aliexpress.com - works like most normal online shopping experiences.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    Maybe make it an Absa account for an early automatic expiration date :biggrin:

yep, a barclays (like kodak) moment

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Check www.aliexpress.com - works like most normal online shopping experiences.
    yep. better to buy from aliexpress. they are the frontend shop to alibaba. And they accept paypal.

Only problem is they take very long if you choose the cheapest shipping. I have had money refunded by paypal
    after 3 months for the stuff to then rock up. Was when we had the whole Post Office problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast