Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hodgeman wader

Default Hodgeman wader

I bought a Hodgeman wader in 2008. I used it 5 times and it has been in storage ever since. I used it late last year and it is leaking somewhere.

It is a stocking foot design. The shop i bought it from has closed down. ( flyfishers in cedar square) i mailed the importers without any response. Does anybody have an idea who i can contact for assistance?

Rgds

Turn the wader inside out, lay it flat on grass and start filling up with water.
    Check where the water is seeping thru.
    Aquaseal the spots.
    SORTED
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks will try that..

Normally with stocking foot waders, they get pin prick holes on the feet. This is mostly caused when people stand on the ground with them when taking them on and off. best thing to do is to use slops or crocks to protect them when doing this. Also another cause of small leaks in the feet, is when gravel gets into your boots and you carry on walking around. Anything like a small stone or sand in your boots can cause damage. A good pair of gravel guards around the ankles while fishing will help extend the life of your waders. Also when putting your feet into your wading boots, make sure that the boots are very loose, so that you don't have to force your foot in, thus causing the stocking feet to stretch too much and potentially do damage.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thank you. I am suspecting that the stocking feet are the problem here. The seem very very tight. I guess for this I require them to be replaced at the factory with a larger size. Any idea who I can speak to at Purefishing? They do not answer emails. Email sent 24 Feb..

Thanks

I doubt that you will have any joy with the factory. They are made in China, as are most waders, except for a few high end brands. Being 8 years old, I also doubt that Hodgman would entertain a repair of this nature. I could be wrong, but perhaps you could find a pair of stocking feet, and get someone locally to replace them. Alternatively, new waders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steynt View Post
    Thank you. I am suspecting that the stocking feet are the problem here. The seem very very tight. I guess for this I require them to be replaced at the factory with a larger size. Any idea who I can speak to at Purefishing? They do not answer emails. Email sent 24 Feb..

Thanks
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hi does anyone know which shops in Jhb stock Aquaseal?

Thx

I think Cape Union Mart sells it.

I have recently repaired my waders with some Plasti-Dip spray. It seems to hold up quite well. Sprayed on the inside seams where the leaks were.

http://www.autostyle.co.za/car-acces...ray-clear.html
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario waar gekoop myne het na 6 jaar begin lek vandag....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast