Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some nets

Default Some nets

Some nets I completed over the last few months

Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 10-05-16 at 10:37 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

and then I also made a quick little tray sugarbowl for the missus from a small piece of offcut from the nets ....

Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 10-05-16 at 10:39 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Beautiful nets

Works of art! They are beautiful Mario.

Thanks guys - appreciate it. Some hard work went into getting that wild olive into usable pieces for the handles - must be honest!! Currently looking at building myself a small and cheap bandsaw mill like John Heisz has recently built on his YouTube channel.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Mario,
    Talk to Craig at Forest Creations in Cape town to get timber cut.
    He does it all.
    Great work!
    Charles Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CTHOMAS View Post
    Mario,
    Talk to Craig at Forest Creations in Cape town to get timber cut.
    He does it all.
    Great work!
    Thank Charles, but the 2000-odd km round trip would be a real killer

Thanks for the kind words - the one net was received this morning and the owner is elated. THAT is what makes making stuff really great - the emotion and joy when people find your work to be of a level they did not expect, or have not seen before.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thank Charles, but the 2000-odd km round trip would be a real killer

Thanks for the kind words - the one net was received this morning and the owner is elated. THAT is what makes making stuff really great - the emotion and joy when people find your work to be of a level they did not expect, or have not seen before.
    This is true. That appreciative response gives you the lift to do more.
    I have a pit saw that cuts like a bread knife but it needs some real "Beef cake" to drive it. You get a serious workout using it.
    I am sure there is someone near you that is a tree reclaimer like Forest Creations..
    I have a small dinky chainsaw that cuts Teak legs from a large block that we have.
    Keep the nets coming!
    Charles Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CTHOMAS View Post
    This is true. That appreciative response gives you the lift to do more.
    I have a pit saw that cuts like a bread knife but it needs some real "Beef cake" to drive it. You get a serious workout using it.
    I am sure there is someone near you that is a tree reclaimer like Forest Creations..
    I have a small dinky chainsaw that cuts Teak legs from a large block that we have.
    Keep the nets coming!
    I'm still trying to convince the furniture factory in Burgersdorp to help me out - they are 50/50 at this stage. Dead Wild Olive and chainsaws are not big friends
    Mario Geldenhuys

Most chainsaws are not made for dry wood, you need special lubrication to cut dry wood.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast