Thread: Grip templates

Default Grip templates

Good day to all,

Where would I be able to find 1:1 scale grip templates?

Kind regards,
    Pierre

Dink almal maak hulle eie en werk so half of gevoel.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Dink almal maak hulle eie en werk so half of gevoel.
    Nope, I actually found one amongst some papers I was sorting through. They have a template that you print in A4 paper that gives you exact measurements. But, sorry, cannot imagine where that is now or where I downloaded it from...

Here is the one I have, http://rodbuildingforum.com/pdf/Fullwells.pdf

Sorry I cannot help further, you are probably looking for something more in the line of spey and switch rods?

In that case the following page may be helpful, but I'm pretty sure you would have found it already? Specifically the section dealing with "custom build grip assemblies". http://meiserflyrods.com/components.php
    Last edited by BenzoV; 01-06-16 at 03:51 PM.

here i have never built a grip but have always wonder why not build a grip that would fit your hand. would it be better to build a grip that would suit length and size of your hand and the way you prefer to hold a grip for casting, index or thumb. some palms are thick, others thin.
    when short line nymphing or long distance casting it doesnt matter much to me although the full wells tickle my fancy but when dry fling i cast short to medium disatances. for accuracy and presentation i have come to use only three fingers in the cast, thumb on top and the two fingers (pinky and dont know the name of the other finger next to it) at the bottom to squeez the rod handle. the two bottom fingers seems to call for a thinner grip while the thumb a thicker grip. one could also add a comfortable knotch of the thumb where it would hold the thump in position maybe helping in the back cast where one could loose concentration.
    whats come to mind, is, it's probably difficult to get a "mould" for your hand print/hold but something like a hardish play-dow wrapped on the blank and then slowly moulding you print in it, slowly trimming the access until content.