Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow fishing

Default Bow fishing

Up north. I did a lot of bow fishing. I cannot find much about bow fishing in the Cape. Are there any bow fishers in the Cape? The Cape tivers are so much better for bow fishing. Much more rewarding in the crystal clear water. To see fish. Wait. Search Stalk and shoot. You can see the fish much deeper which makes shots more difficult. I have stopped along N1 in du toits kloof 3 or 4 times to get a fish. But not easy. What other rivers holds good fish?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The Cape Streams are catch and release, you are not allowed to kill fish.
    You need to book a beat with the CPS then you can fish, catch and release on the streams.
    Check out the CPS website.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

There is a weir halfway down and I got some guys standing on the weir casting spinners. Each had 3 or 4 fish and they said that you can fish where you want and they normally take 3 or 4 fish. I am happy with one fish every now and again with bow and arrow

I am trying not to laugh......:biggrin: Bow fishing the Cape streams...
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    There is a weir halfway down and I got some guys standing on the weir casting spinners. Each had 3 or 4 fish and they said that you can fish where you want and they normally take 3 or 4 fish. I am happy with one fish every now and again with bow and arrow

You are allowed to shoot them... maybe you can do some bow hunting on behalf of the CPS..
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

I googled bowfishing and trout.
    Seems to me, that there are a number of people doing it in USA.
    https://coloradobowfishing.wordpress.com/ethics/
    Even have a code of ethics, which is more than what we can say about some fishermen
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Dont worry guys, he is using debarbed arrows.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Shot any bears lately?:smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Fario View Post
    Shot any bears lately?:smile:
    Fario I thought you were doing on the ground research work for Bear Grylls..... this bow hunting is you to a T mate maybe you could take Bow hunter out on a trip
    James Boswell.

Standard CPS Approved Bow-and-Arrow Set for wild trout hunting.

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast