Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pascal Cognard and Said Yahaioui Visit again in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Well spoken Mr Lampert
    the man who have attended 1 course.
    Will take note of your recommendations.
    While I'm not interested in your spat, or your course/workshop/clinic/expo, you'd do well to not completely write off someone's comments (no matter how they're put) just because they've only paid you once.

Sure don't react, but really, responding wth something akin to "pay more and attend more and I'll acknowledge you" is pretty telling in itself.
    Check your knots!

I think this says it all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Mario what chance of organising a festival in your neck of the woods for a time when these guys are here? Probably a bit hectic to organise, but if you could get people coming from around the country this could be an added attraction.
    Grant, the major issue now in our area is the severe lack of fish in our streams. Seeing the course content in action and being able to actually catch a fish/get a take would probably be way better than fishing "barren" water.

I'm not sure exactly where a course would be suitable at this time of the year - personally I would have reckoned summer would have been a better choice to get the guys here ito fishing opportunities and water/river access, but I guess the availability of Pascal and Said is the determining factor. Still hoping to get an indication of costs so that I can rally some people for an extra central-SA course!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Grant, the major issue now in our area is the severe lack of fish in our streams. Seeing the course content in action and being able to actually catch a fish/get a take would probably be way better than fishing "barren" water.

I'm not sure exactly where a course would be suitable at this time of the year - personally I would have reckoned summer would have been a better choice to get the guys here ito fishing opportunities and water/river access, but I guess the availability of Pascal and Said is the determining factor. Still hoping to get an indication of costs so that I can rally some people for an extra central-SA course!
    They comming in March. Plenty time to set it up.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    They comming in March. Plenty time to set it up.
    The Epson Festival is usually that time ... could be a golden opportunity. That said, if the dates do not coincide, I'm not going to try and do a similar event that close to the WTA one. Once costs are indicated (unless I missed it) I can start some movement.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I'm definitely interested

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    The Epson Festival is usually that time ... could be a golden opportunity. That said, if the dates do not coincide, I'm not going to try and do a similar event that close to the WTA one. Once costs are indicated (unless I missed it) I can start some movement.
    Mario
    The costs of all the events are based on a break even scenario. I have not made a single sent out of any of the tours that I have arranged for the overseas "big names".
    To be honest, with every one in the past I have put some of my own money in, due to cancellations on some of the workshops. (I am not complaining as I had many other rewards for that over the long run)
    The costs will be very similar to the past events. Maybe a little more due to general inflation.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

hey the euro is dropping and hopefully when the masters arrive here the euro sky rockets to record highs, forcing them to move in wahahahaha
    Korrie, by any change or as i would like it, will the workshops be near water, my interest in attending still remains the same regardless, just that i learn alot more than trying to be taller than the guy infront of me (hehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Mario
    The costs of all the events are based on a break even scenario. I have not made a single sent out of any of the tours that I have arranged for the overseas "big names".
    To be honest, with every one in the past I have put some of my own money in, due to cancellations on some of the workshops. (I am not complaining as I had many other rewards for that over the long run)
    The costs will be very similar to the past events. Maybe a little more due to general inflation.
    Hi Korrie - thanks for the breakdown, but I was just looking for a number so that I can tell people more-or-less what it will cost them when I send out some messages. You can PM me a rough amount if you don't want to post it here on this thread. I know prices do fluctuate, so it's not that I will hold you to the price - it's just to give the people an idea so that they can either commit or not. Thanks.
    Mario Geldenhuys

I would guess from between R800 to R1000 per day clinic....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast