Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Sage X

Must say I've been searching for a new rod for the largies my TCX is getting old and this puppy looks the shizzness and it comes in 10ft 8wt!!!!!!

I agree with Zoran The Epic is a great rod Had one bult by Derek Smith There is too much hype and like fashion we are wearing bell bottoms again But it is good to try them all as long as you do not have to buy it

I must be honest, every time Sage launches a new rod its "the best rod ever produced", and then they bring a new one out and then that one is the best rod ever produced...and so it goes on.
    I love Sage, wish they never discontinued the XP and my Z-Axis rods are still my all time favorites. But the models get replaced so fast that you buy the latest one thinking it doesn't get any better than this...but a few months later you have an "old model", so what's wrong with you? Don't fish that has-been rod, you HAVE to get the new model! Then you do... and the process repeats itself. 99% of fly fishermen out there will fish one just as good as the other... I suspect it's more about the brand name than anything else, and showing your mates your awesome new latest technology high modulus wrapped carbon fibre low-carb banting fly rod ...
    Sage are awesome rods, just wish they would stick to a model range longer than a season.

Hi Mike ek vis nogsteeds daai custom job wat jy vir my gebou het maar eks in die market vir 'n nuwe stok!!!!

Usually rod manufacturers including sage have a 3-4 yr run on each model.They are a business and need to generate sales.
    New models = new sales.Its the way the world works.BMW,Mercedes etc have new/bettter/faster/more advanced cars every year.
    Honestly if i had the money,id but the latest rod every time.

Went to dullies this weekend. Tried a few rods out. My Sage One whips some serious Sage X ass. Its flex does not suit my casting style and I didnt seem slower like the hype suggests. In fact my Sage One does everything better. The closest thing I got to cast that compared with my sage was a Loop and the Scott Radian. No experience with the radian but what a stunning rod. And after all my years fishing fast rods you won't believe what rod I ended up buying based on my sheer casting experience? A Sage Pulse in a 6wt hahahahahahaha...what a machine for the price and what an absolute pleasure to cast and it simply does everything well...well done Sage pumping out an affordable rod that actually made me enjoy it more than the more expensive rods
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6