Thread: Bonnievale

Default Bonnievale

Needed to get away a bit so headed to Bonnievale for the weekend. I could do a little bit of fishing and could keep the wife happy with some wine tasting during the heat of the day. While setting up the rods got this little guy of the front "stoep". Managed to hook into a real beast of a grass carp that kept me busy for a while.The dam has really steep banks and I had forgot my net in CT. Thought I would try and get it to the one side of the dam where it looked a little shallower. Turned out it wasnt so shallow and the fish managed to get snagged. Went in after it to try and free it but IT managed to cut me off. After loosing it I had that "the one that got away" in the back of my head that night. Went into the local genral dealer to get some groceries the next day and luckily theY had a little fishing section where I got the only net the had. Round two and success. Net was a little small. Managed a couple of carp too and a nice kurper (no photo).

massive fish what fly was the carp caught on

Howsit man.
    Grass carp was caught on a weightless olive woolly bugger. Tried everything even bread flies before I managed to get it while fishing for bass and spotting a cruising fish.

Normal carp were on squirmy wormies,black ddd and beetle dry flies.