Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New TFO Impact fly rod

Default New TFO Impact fly rod

I would like to introduce the new TFO Impact series fly rods to the group.
    TFO has come up with what I believe to be one of their best ever still water fly rods, the new Impact has a much more forgiving progressive action while still being able to cast a full fly line. This rod protects fine tippets with ease and still has great sensitivity.
    For all the fly fishermen out there that find the other TFO series rods too fast, the Impact is worth a serious look.

Now for the interesting part: I have a new TFO Impact 9.0 ft 5wt rod that I would like to make available for testing. The Demo rod will be made available to a maximum of 8 testers for a two week period each.

The catch: I will courier the Demo Impact 5 wt to the first person, each successive tester is responsible for getting the rod to the next guy, ie it may cost you R 100.00. Where ever possible the rod will be passed on to the next person closest to you.

If you are interested reply to the thread with City or town that you live in and "TFO Impact TESTER".

To anyone who may have cast or fished the new impact I welcome your thoughts.

Nelspruit TFO Impact Tester
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

1. emjaysmit Nelspruit
    2. smallstreams
    Last edited by optimax; 09-02-17 at 10:50 AM.

So if the other forfeit it mean I can use it for 16 weeks hahahahahahaha...or till someone asks for it lololololol and then buy it afterwards lolololol
    Last edited by emjaysmit; 08-02-17 at 07:17 PM.
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Emjay, it looks that way. I would think that most people would jump at the chance to test as many rods as possible before buying. Seems that I am wrong with that assumption. Where are the guys that think TFO rods are too fast, only good for casting and not great as a fishing rod? Come on guys get on board, you've got nothing to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by optimax View Post
    Emjay, it looks that way. I would think that most people would jump at the chance to test as many rods as possible before buying. Seems that I am wrong with that assumption. Where are the guys that think TFO rods are too fast, only good for casting and not great as a fishing rod? Come on guys get on board, you've got nothing to loose.
    I'd love to take it for a spin once our stillwaters open - but that is only in a few months time .....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Adrian I don't think there is a lack of interest its just the forum that has died quite a bit. I know plenty of people that would love to test the rod so if there is not any current feedback on here I am more than willing to gather a few people to test it for you.

Great Mario, I would certainly value your opinion. When would you like to have the Impact rod for testing?

Emjay, thanks for the offer, I would like to get as many opinions as possible, and we can arrange that at some point in the future. For now I am looking for forum members willing to test the rod.

Check trout talk on facebook. I posted there. Sure the responses will come quick

Most of the forum members are very active there and not so much on here anymore as facebook I more convenient. Its upto your descretion. Sorry if I posted to soon was trying to help the cause

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast