Thread: what a feeling!

Default what a feeling!

With yesterdays public holiday the kids and I headed off to our local dam fischer haven for some fun. Got there and was sadly greeted by very low water levels that made me decide not to fish at all. There was all but a small puddle of water left in the middle of the dam. Anyway the kids just wanted to mess around a bit so we stayed a while.

Being very new to fly fishing all I wanted to do was to practice some casting for the day. I tied on a fly I made at home. ( I had bought a lot of two rods, 4 reels a float tube and some fly tying stuff) while I was unable to wet a line I spent some time messing around fly tying.

attached is a fly I tied not knowing what I was doing and the fish being the end result.

Now this is a tiny fingerling of a bass and i know they are easily fooled however the euphoria experienced afterwards is something unexplained. I caught two more fish before it got too hot and we left.

Cheers

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

well done Jason, thanks for sharing and reminding me of my first tied fly and landing my first vaal yellow on it.