Quote Originally Posted by Jason vL View Post
Ive recently bought a pair of Hodgman H3 wading boots felt sole. Got to test them on the cape streams over the weekend. Before I was wading in a pair of hi-tec hiking boots with some carpet glued to the bottom and they worked great, grip was excellent and never once let me down. They were comfy to hike, however they cannot be compared to a proper wading boot in terms of to following: the purpose built wading boots offer a great deal more support, especially on the sole of the boot, its not so flexible and therefor your foot doesn't contour to the shape of the rock you standing on as much, also the toe cap really does protect. My feet were very happy after a day of wading in them.
Just an update on these boots i bought for wading. 2 months after the warranty expires and after about 10 outings in them in total these boots have decided to come completely undone. Soles have separated from the uppers in all 3 sole layers. some stitching has come undone as well. I am truly and honestly disappointed in this product considering what one pays and the amount of times I have been out with these boots. They have been cleaned and rinsed and dried properly after each trip. Now I will have to head to Rocksole to have them repaired and Im sure they will be better that the day they left the factory after that.