Thread: Ark Fishalot

Default Ark Fishalot

If anyone is looking to sell their Ark Fishalot, or knows of someone who wants to sell, please let me know.

Thanks,
    "Only when the last tree has died,and the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed

Seems the Ark Fishalots second hand are very scarce, so, I have 2 options and a bit of a dilemma:

An Ark Fishduc (3.2m) with 15hp Yamaha, both 2008 models but spotless for R22000.

or

A brand new Ark Fishalot of 4.2m for R16000 and a second hand 15hp outboard (Yamaha or mercury) for about R16000, so total of R32000.

Obviously the second option is nicer, as there is more space and no doubt the Fishalot is a better design, but it is R10000 more.

I will use it with my two 8 year olds, and want to use it for the next 5 to 8 years at least, so it must be okay for an adult and 2 teen agers. We will mostly bass fish in the lowveld dams (big dams) and do some trips to Kosi Bay and even Jozini. I might cast a flyline and they would spin

There would be 3 rods, a tackle bag, coolbox, fuel tank, and then of course the level of comfort when actually fishing.

Choices, what would you pick? Is the extra R10k worth it?
    "Only when the last tree has died,and the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed

Hi Sybie,

In my opinion go with the Fishalot, not having space when fishing ain't a pleasure and is uncomfortable. Also being on Jozini and Kosi, in my mind will be more comforting, on a bigger boat

Go with the Fishalot but check pricing it's R16900 currently I believe.