Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: First time fly fishing

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Or wine hehehe
    Or female ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Or female ...
    Ah SWAMBO, stretches across into the fly fishing forum, it appears quite often on my other favourite forum Alfa owner. When will the good lady folk indoors learn that our sanity is at stake if we do not have a garage or a place like a river bank to escape.( i am making an educated guess about the river bank as you are all aware this is my first time)
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Here the escape is also know as a weekly fix. Cannot go without it myself. I am in dire need of a fix this weekend or I'm afraid I'm going to loose my mind for sure.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Here the escape is also know as a weekly fix. Cannot go without it myself. I am in dire need of a fix this weekend or I'm afraid I'm going to loose my mind for sure.
    I hear you Werner.

I came acros a place yesterday while on a work trip call "Henly on Klip". Looks promising and there is a Belgium chacolate maker in the town so i can take the ladies in my life with and leave them there while i prospect the stream
    (s)
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I hear you Werner.

I came acros a place yesterday while on a work trip call "Henly on Klip". Looks promising and there is a Belgium chacolate maker in the town so i can take the ladies in my life with and leave them there while i prospect the stream
    (s)
    Good luck Wade, I'll settle for any old pond at this point.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Good luck Wade, I'll settle for any old pond at this point.
    I have been flogging the pond near my office all week and no luck

Oh well
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I hear you Werner.

(s)
    belgian chocholates, now swambo will like the idea of me taking up this wonderful past time, how do i work this into the coversation??????
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

OK guys, I am still a baby on this site - but what is a SWAMBO?????
    My husband is lucky, I also love to fish! (maybe some of you will think that is a shame?) have been fishing for 16 years now. Hoping to learn something new from this site - so far, it has been quite a laugh. Really enjoying my daily dose of Flytalk!!
    Just a bit of info for you, besides wearing a hat, also wear sunglasses - you do want to keep your eyes for as long as possible.!
    "..and I always thought flyfishing was relaxing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    OK guys, I am still a baby on this site - but what is a SWAMBO?????
    My husband is lucky, I also love to fish! (maybe some of you will think that is a shame?) have been fishing for 16 years now. Hoping to learn something new from this site - so far, it has been quite a laugh. Really enjoying my daily dose of Flytalk!!
    Just a bit of info for you, besides wearing a hat, also wear sunglasses - you do want to keep your eyes for as long as possible.!
    SWAMBO = She Who Always Must Be Obeyed
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    yes dear!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast