Thread: Barometric pressure

Default Barometric pressure

Good day,

Anybody perhaps know of a source/website in SA that provides real time barometric pressure? I have a barometer at home that I have set according to YR's pressure, but that divers from windfinder.com and also from my camera's reading.

Hi Philip, I use https://www.southafricanweather.co.za to check pressure. They use the info from Cape Town International Airport and seems to be quite near to actual reading. I have barometer in my Casio ProTrek watch and it follows basic same pattern. I also found YR readings to be wrong for my area.

I got a new phone couple of weeks back with built in barometer, but the reading keeps showing 7 points to low and I don't know how to calibrate the bloody thing. Anybody on the forum that can help with that - the phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
    Last edited by Booger Rose; 28-02-19 at 12:43 PM.

Thank You Eduard, will have a look and let you guys know. We have been, well still are in a low pressure here at Stilbaai and the fish are definitely affected from what I can see. However, the fishing has improved quite a bit in the past month, with more fish in the river.

Ok, had a look at the SA weather site, although they don't indicate Stilbaai/Riversdal as such I looked at the readings for Overberg/Mosselbay. My camera's barometer gives pretty much the same reading as SA weather and YR. Windfinder's indicated pressure is 10+ points below the rest. So I have set the wall barometer in the house at 1017 hPa. Will see if it tracks the same as the rest of the info sources. What worries me, the camera's altimeter says I am 20m below sealevel

Attached Images Attached Images

Today might be a good to go and cast a line....

I have same problem with the altimeter on my watch, very up-and-down especially when I travel. I've punched in my house altitude 60m as the 0-point and every morning just adjust the meter by pressing the button. Most nights if I did not travel around to much the altimeter will still be correct.

The barometer dont like to teavel at all. Basicly use it to track the line. At the moment in Someset West we are on 1019.