Thread: Going back to my roots...

Default Going back to my roots...

Hi all,

Etienne here, thanks for accepting me to the forum.

I've decided to rekindle an old flame again, Fly Fishing. My father used to take me and my brothers on fly fishing trips when we were teenagers, since his passing a few years ago I've kind of lost interest in the passion.

Up until recently I've been going back to the places that i was very fond of as a youngster: Treeferns Trout Lodge, Dunkeld Estate, Waterval Boven, Lunsklip River etc.

Im glad I've started to fly fish again, i forgot how in touch one can get with nature as well as the thrill of a trout on the end of your fly line.

Any case thats me in a nutshell, pleased to meet you all!

Kind Regards,
    Etienne

Welcome Etienne,

Great that you're back on the water! Have to say I have seen many fly fishers disappear for some years than return again, usually due to family commitments, work etc. At this stage I do very little fly fishing, mainly due to family/two young boys who love fishing but don't fly fish yet. So bait fishing and spinning it is, which I thoroughly enjoy again, since that is where my love for fishing started.

Hope to see you catch a fish soon.

Cheers,

Philip

Thanks Phillip,

I've also bought a second hand fly tying set, i,m keen on trying my hand at that as well.

Great Etienne,

Just ask if you need help with anything related to fly-tying.