Thread: Whatever happened to Korrie Broos

Default Whatever happened to Korrie Broos

One of the best posters on this forum, a gentleman loaded with knowledge and entertaining and useful experiences. Always helpful. I certainly miss his contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by A River Runs Through It View Post
    One of the best posters on this forum, a gentleman loaded with knowledge and entertaining and useful experiences. Always helpful. I certainly miss his contributions.
    Hi
    Stuart alerted me to this thread.
    I am alive and kicking and still fishing.
    I did for more than 2 years a daily "TIP OF THE DAY" on some Facebook pages, where I posted a daily tip on improving your fishing.
    With more than 400 tips, I have started to compile this in a PDF book, with video clips.

I am still deciding on if I will sell the book or put it online for free as an open source doc.

Regards
    Korrie
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Glad to hear it Korrie. No I didn't think you had kicked the bucket...just thought maybe something happened that pissed you off or irritated you. As postings now seem few and far between. Hope to see you back here but I guess you are too busy elsewhere doing a great job.

What I do notice with us in the fly fishing world...you get the unselfish sharers, like yourself and guys like TS you add a lot of value to this wonderful recreation,

Very little of my knowledge is "self knowledge"
    Most of it I got from more knowledgable fly fishers or more experienced than me.

Why should I keep it to myself then?
    Share and make it a better all round experience for all to enjoy.
    The more you know and the better you can fish, the more enjoyment you will have from the sport.

That is what the spirit of fly fishing is all about. Or that what was told to me about 30 years ago when I started.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by A River Runs Through It View Post
    Korrie's looking for beer....
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Or you can give him a Bell's. He absolutely deserves a double.....