Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gamtoos River Mouth

Hi there.

There are plenty of big kob in the Gamtoos at the moment. We were out on Sun and got one of 108cm total length on Rapala. Another bloke on a fishing ski landed one of 45 KG's also on Rapala. The fish were also thick on Sat with the biggest being 30 kilos.

The best spot to catch the big ones are in a hole that starts opposite the blind mouth and moves up river around the bend.

Regarding juvenile leeries, try a little closer to the mouth. On a strong pushing tide you will notice a lot of turbulent water forming around the drop offs. We have fished there on numerous occasions with leadheads on conventional and got plenty of leerie. Some seriously good fun.

Hope this is not too late for your trip!

Marshie you papgooier, what the hell are you doing here?!?! Hahahah I kid mate!

Great to see you here boet, and folks, this man knows the waters around PE, so shoot any questions his way ( ha ha, now you are screwed Marshie! )
    Believe me, he sends me enough pictures to make me green with envy on a regular basis!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

So Scythe, did you get to fish the Gamtoos? If so, how did you get one?

Hey there folks!!!

I am heading down to J-Bay during the last week of December and the first week of January 2020. I find this thread very helpful, thanks.
    Will be my first time fly fishing saltwater and estuaries. Any other tips etc?

Kind regards
    "The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."
    ~John Gierach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3