Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do you do this?

Default Why do you do this?

I asked this question using an existing thread so maybe you guys did'nt see it or maybe it's my breath or something I said, but no one replied
    Anyway, I watched a programme where the rock and surf guys were fishing the Transkei coast. They were hooking into some big fish and then they walk way way up on the mountain side. Why do they go up the mountain or bank like that? The one guy was seriously up the side of this cliff. I thought it interesting.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I asked this question using an existing thread so maybe you guys did'nt see it or maybe it's my breath or something I said, but no one replied
    Anyway, I watched a programme where the rock and surf guys were fishing the Transkei coast. They were hooking into some big fish and then they walk way way up on the mountain side. Why do they go up the mountain or bank like that? The one guy was seriously up the side of this cliff. I thought it interesting.
    Cheers
    Hi Rols,

They do it to stop the fish cutting them off on the rocks/reefs - kinda like holding your rod up high when a trout belts downstream amongst the rocks

Rgds,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks Darryl, the sound was down so I could'nt pick up on what they were saying. Thanks for the info
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Darryl's spot on - as always, darlin'! An added bonus is this technique of constant firm pressure by 'walking', can also help bring the fish - especially big fish - quicker and closer to shore. A similar technique may be used
    to 'walk' a big fish laterally along the shore/river bank/lake to place the fish in a better landing/netting position. This technique can apply to aply of our rod-based fishing disciplines. It has helped me land many large fish over the years.
    P.S. Large = 4''

Default Sand sharks

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Cheers
    Jeez Rols
    But you screem like a baby. I'm gonna go catch sand sharks at blouberg strand using crab paterns. There's millions of them... Great fun. 2 beers after at blue peter wanna join me
    "I believe in a long prolonged arrangement of the senses to attain the unknown" (Jim Morrison)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    Jeez Rols
    But you screem like a baby. I'm gonna go catch sand sharks at blouberg strand using crab paterns. There's millions of them... Great fun. 2 beers after at blue peter wanna join me
    I'm jealous, fishing and more 'specially, Blue Peter! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    Jeez Rols
    when you going, pm me and i'll be there. why only 2 beers
    laat my weet
    cheers

Roland,i think that he still ended up loosing that fish anyway.......always worth a good laugh that program........ON DAD!!!!!!!!!!
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Hi Stephen
    Geez they must go through line like mad there. I was just surprised at how far he goes up the hill. Liked those dropshot things they were catching the Shad on, lovely colours.
    When we fishing?
    Cheers

Hi, I also saw that program in the gym and no sound so I couldn't realy hear why they were doing it. It could have been a program on mountaineering for all I know. . My first thoughts was that there would be more line out of the reel that would allow for more stretch. But with all those rocks around there I think you'll get cut off before you can take advantage of the stretch in the line. I'm sure two of those hammer heads a day is you limit for the day after all that climbing.

I hope you guys had fun with the sandsharks...and the 2 beers. Nobody goes for 2 beers. It's impossible.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast