Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: News From the Garden Route

Quote Originally Posted by anton View Post
    Hello All

Just thought that i would keep all informed on the happening down here. I was on the water at 5 this am in Knysna to see if i could sneak a fish or 2 before work and never saw a thing in the 2 hours that I was on the water.

Been cursing all day. Local paper came out today with a photo of two folks holding two leeries. One of 15kg and the other 17kg caught at Island Lake this weekend on live mullet. They caught them on Saturday. i was there Sunday and caught %*%#all, be it that I was throwing small plugs.

Two great fish. As mentioned earlier in this thread this lake has huge fish potential. My time will come.
    Hi Anton

Did they release the fish ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Anton

Did they release the fish ?

Cheers
    probaly not, there is a lot off uneducated people fishing in this area and its a real gem off a place. that system is closed so the fish in there are resident fish and cannot go anywere, similar to sandvlei just allot cleaner. the lucky or unlucky thing is you need a boat to fish it effectively and with holiday coming up its gonna be a bit off a nightmare with all the vaalies and their speedboats. no offence to our friend from the north on this site hehehe

anton you must send me your phone number please I need to get in touch with you bout some things I have in mind.

who from the forum will be in the area over the festive season?
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    probaly not, there is a lot off uneducated people fishing in this area and its a real gem off a place. that system is closed so the fish in there are resident fish and cannot go anywere, similar to sandvlei just allot cleaner. the lucky or unlucky thing is you need a boat to fish it effectively and with holiday coming up its gonna be a bit off a nightmare with all the vaalies and their speedboats. no offence to our friend from the north on this site hehehe

anton you must send me your phone number please I need to get in touch with you bout some things I have in mind.

who from the forum will be in the area over the festive season?
    Hoping to be in Knysna for a week or so. Not sure when, but somewhere between 15 Dec and 10 Jan
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Good Afternoon Gents

To answer a few questions: No they did not release the fish. I saw the pictures of them in the local newspaper. Some old battleaxe from Milnerton and his wife caught them.

My phone number is 082 459 0118.

Good Luck from mid December to early Jan. The waters here are generally mad over that period. Not many places that one can get away from people at that time. Only thing that works is very early morning. Need to be fishing by 4:30. You can always go far up the Knysna Lagoon. About 1km past the White Bridge (Good for Cob and leerie) or try the Goukama. No boats allowed there with the result that it fairly quiet. Has got cob, leerie and good grunter in it. Just a matter of finding the fish.

Anton

Ill be there, staying in Glentana from the 15th dec till probably the 8th Jan.

Can't wait!!! if anybody in the area is looking for a fishing buddy give me a shout.

Cheers
    Vow not to stop until i've got a kingfish, but then gentlemen... it has just begun...

I'll be at Plett from about 13 to 29 December. I plan to have a fish with Deewy, but if anyone else is around give me a shout. Keurbooms will be a highway, but I'll fish early mornings and also give the Bitou a go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4