Quote Originally Posted by will101 View Post
Remember that polarization only works when you have the lens at the right orientation - try rotating your head while looking at something (with your shades on) and you will notice the polarizing effect diminishing as you come to 90 degrees. While using a filter on your camera one must also always "tweak" the filter to align it correctly otherwise it will not filter out reflected light properly.

As far as I am aware the area that you guys visited belongs to Hannes which owns the land at de Mond, but the pumphouse and weir areas has been on lease to DWAF. The pools below the weir is where I had the most awesome sessions with lean and mean SM bass, catching them like you would yellows, with small nymphs that resemble very small fish / tadpoles.

Awesome spot, indeed, but technically this is not yet the Doring river (at de Mond) but the Groot river... the Doring joins in further downstream and is dry most of the year.

W
Yeah, I guess one could debate that. About 2km upstream of De Mond you get the confluence of the Maaitjies and the Groot. I have always refered to the river downstream of this confluence as the Doring. Further on downstream, about 20km, at Elandsvlei, two more streams feed the Doring, namely the Tra Tra and the Tankwa rivers. As far as i know, the main stream at this point is definitely the Doring and is depicted as such on my trig maps and GPS.