Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stithians Flyfishers Randburg

Nice work Chris!

I wish I was able to join you guys, the last time I was at 'Saints' was my last day of standard 9 in '91.

Hope you have a great time,

Jono

Chris I'm in. This Thursday would have been a problem for me as well. Late meeting that just came up.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    geez
    you vaal guys are the MEN, oops,. are the PEOPLE. (don't want to get nailed for leaving someone out). I bet if you said.....MEN...oops...PEOPLE! ...lets poo in the bush,.... you will have the whole team behind you. we still trying to find 3 members to fish... never mind sh!!ting in the bush. we should include you all in the salt water trip
    We can even organise you a cheap flight up and free accommodation in the Hilton for the night!
    Seriously if any of you regular Forumers from the Cape or from anywhere else for that matter, are ever in Joeys, give us a shout, we'll 'maak 'n plan!'

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    We can even organise you a cheap flight up and free accommodation in the Hilton for the night!
    Seriously if any of you regular Forumers from the Cape or from anywhere else for that matter, are ever in Joeys, give us a shout, we'll 'maak 'n plan!'

DEFINITELY!! ... seems the only way to get on a Flytalk trip is to get to Gauttie!!

(I do usually get up there 2/3 times a year)
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Nice work Chris!

I wish I was able to join you guys, the last time I was at 'Saints' was my last day of standard 9 in '91.

Hope you have a great time,

Jono
    Excellent Jono, you can take over from me as Saints Old Boys Aussie FFishing Rep! Gizz a shout next time you're here on hols and we'll organise a bash. Was up at the dam this morning - first day barometer back on the rise for a week or so. Barbel, carp and big bass all cruising around on/near the surface - Sod's Law didn't have my rod in the car, will go home lunchtime and give them a go later.
    Any more exotic ffishing your side?

Excellent Jono, you can take over from me as Saints Old Boys Aussie FFishing Rep! Gizz a shout next time you're here on hols and we'll organise a bash. Was up at the dam this morning - first day barometer back on the rise for a week or so. Barbel, carp and big bass all cruising around on/near the surface - Sod's Law didn't have my rod in the car, will go home lunchtime and give them a go later.
    Chris you and that dam...Is this your DAM-X?
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Or my DAMsel nymph! Chat Thursday week and advise you further!

Chris, I'll be home in Dec for a month and would love to meet up with you for a fish. Drop me a pm with your number and I'll give you a buzz when I'm there.

Perhaps we could arrange a day at the Vaal with some other forumites? Just a suggestion.

As far as fishing in Oz, yeah man, loads of it. I'll post some pics shortly - don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Best
    Jono

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Chris, I'll be home in Dec for a month and would love to meet up with you for a fish. Drop me a pm with your number and I'll give you a buzz when I'm there.

Perhaps we could arrange a day at the Vaal with some other forumites? Just a suggestion.

As far as fishing in Oz, yeah man, loads of it. I'll post some pics shortly - don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Best
    Jono
    Done, will PM you details and we'll do a trip or two - and show you round your old school and the dam - lots of changes! Cheers

I'm quite keen on attending tomorrow night after all my questions re control flies. It'll also give me a chance to laugh at Ferdi's "business in the front, party at the back" hair cut since I missed the last vaal trip

Is it still happening at 19:00?

Tye you can catch a lift around 18:00 from pta if you are wheel-less.
    Check your knots!

Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast