Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stithians Flyfishers Randburg

Default Stithians Flyfishers Randburg

Dear All Forumers,

I had organised a social flyftying evening for this Thursday 25 Oct unfortunately quite a few of the members are ill/away so I'll try make it for Thursday 1 November say 7 p.m. (at St Stithians College Randburg - use Peter Place entrance, ask for 'One And All' - licensed pub! We can do a bring and braai if you wish) - no charge to Forumers, bring your own tying kit if you have any

Cheers
    Chris

Excellent!! Looking forward to it.
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Dear All Forumers,

I had organised a social flyftying evening for this Thursday 25 Oct unfortunately quite a few of the members are ill/away so I'll try make it for Thursday 1 November say 7 p.m. (at St Stithians College Randburg - use Peter Place entrance, ask for 'One And All' - licensed pub! We can do a bring and braai if you wish) - no charge to Forumers, bring your own tying kit if you have any

Cheers
    Chris
    EXCELLENT!!!
    I had a blast last time so you can count on my attendance.
    No PAIN No Gain

I'm there...

Good stuff!, and as a thought from the other thread, if anyone wants to bring along materials to swop, could be good to actually view what's on offer

Will reconfirm revised date tomorrow for Thurs 1 Nov.

Any bravehearts can also try for nighttime barbel at our dam at midnight - you and Schalk Burger! Maybe our resident fallologist, Herman, can fall in the dam and we see if the barbel are big enough to chow him or not. Whether they would want to feast on him or not is quite another matter...they hadn't devoured me yet, they consider me too old, stringy and tasteless

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Good stuff!, and as a thought from the other thread, if anyone wants to bring along materials to swop, could be good to actually view what's on offer

Will reconfirm revised date tomorrow for Thurs 1 Nov.

Any bravehearts can also try for nighttime barbel at our dam at midnight - you and Schalk Burger! Maybe our resident fallologist, Herman, can fall in the dam and we see if the barbel are big enough to chow him or not. Whether they would want to feast on him or not is quite another matter...they hadn't devoured me yet, they consider me too old, stringy and tasteless
    If that's the way we are going to go, i wouldn't mind if someone showed me a couple half-chicken patterns.

what do I need so that I can make sure I have the materials?:

- big hooks.. size?
    - Hackle
    - Marabou
    - dubbing
    - Bath chain
    ... anything else?

Cool I'll be there.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    If that's the way we are going to go, i wouldn't mind if someone showed me a couple half-chicken patterns.

what do I need so that I can make sure I have the materials?:

- big hooks.. size?
    - Hackle
    - Marabou
    - dubbing
    - Bath chain
    ... anything else?
    Yeah, we can tie whatever anyone wants, I've quite a bit of barbel fly materials including nice big black zonker strips so don't worry too much - we can fish for the barbel but I was semi-joking, I find anyway usually sunset and sunrise are a bit better depending on the season - also during the day - but the monsters do seem to do a margin-patrol at night eating up any stray corpses and illegally-smoking matric boys. Midnight is plain creepy unless you've got Herman to take the falls, mossie and snake bites on your behalf!

Chris sounds good, I will be there too. Good chance to meet up with the other fly forumers.

geez
    you vaal guys are the MEN, oops,. are the PEOPLE. (don't want to get nailed for leaving someone out). I bet if you said.....MEN...oops...PEOPLE! ...lets poo in the bush,.... you will have the whole team behind you. we still trying to find 3 members to fish... never mind sh!!ting in the bush. we should include you all in the salt water trip
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast