Thread: Kubusi yellowfish???

Default Kubusi yellowfish???

anyone know if the kubusi is productive for yellows on fly??
    recently got access to a stretch of this river near stutterheim, looks a bit small and shallow but i am assured by the owner that yellows are present. anyone fished the kubusi before???

I've not fished in that area before, but I can assure you - if the river has fish in, you can catch them on fly.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Smile

ya but im sorta not even sure about the fish situation either.... hhavent seen in that particular stretch so i need to know whaat im doing is going to work because i may be thrashing the water for nothing... and thinking that its my tactics that are wrng...meanwhile no fish...

There are plenty of yellows in the Kubusie, but much of thw water is slow-flowing and not very attractive to fish. It can also be quite murky. However, I have no doubt the yellows could be caufgt on fly. There are also some nice bass to be had.

Yeah, you'll need to assess the "situation" 1st.

Adapt your approach to the conditions. I'm guessing a floating line with a nymph drifted in the correct place should yield some results!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach