Thread: WC Streams report back

Thanks for the intel gents
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the feedback guys. Have not been up that side for a while. At least now, we know what to expect. Dankie
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Morning Gents!

Spent Saturday on Molenaars upper. (Earlier last week it (windguru) said Saturday was supposed to be the good day between it and Sunday... not)
    Anyway... Although wind was blowing upstream it was pumping.
    Saw a total of 3 fish, lost 1 after about 2 seconds and spooked the other two after flyline got smacked down on top of them due to wind.
    These 3 were the only fish I spotted. I have to mention I am not the best nymph-er (prefer dryfly by far), so could probably found some more had I swung some nymphs, but think I need a nymphing masterclass (maybe even a how to nymph CT streams for dummies)

In all was a lovely day spent on the river taking more photo's than fish and clearing the mind of clutter.
    Last edited by MR.GT; 05-09-16 at 08:26 AM.
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

what beat????

Quote Originally Posted by cameronlochner View Post
    what beat????
    Molenaars Upper

Morning Guys! My first time posting here. Im in need of some intel. Fishing Elandspad1 and Hotel beat next week. Any information as to flies that will work l?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hi Fishaholic,

Just a bit of background info on the Cape Streams. Our water here is rather acidic, therefore we have less aquatic insects compared to other river systems like the Rhodes/Eastern Cape area, KZN, Vaal, Orange etc. This coupled with more wind, make the fish very aware of what is happening on top/dry flies. However, during a low pressure/cold front conditions there are less insect activity and the fish don't move much, then nymphs/small streamers will catch you some fish. During good conditions, the fish move into feeding lies and the Cape streams are famous for fish responding well to a dry fly. In terms of what flies - black parachutes/midges, Rab's, Elk Hairs etc. Give me a call and we can discuss some more strategies, the beats and more flies.

Philip

Appreciated Philip!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Gents (& odd lady???)

I want to try my hand a catching the brownies of the witte.
    Between beat 3 to 6 which would be better suited to someone who has never fished the witte before?

I have studied this quite well but not sure.

i'm hoping to fish the witte for browns on the weekend
    what beat is beter suited for someone with 0 experience on the witte

do browns have the same feeding behavior as raimbows

Page 427 of 437 FirstFirst ... 327377417418419420421422423424425426427428429430431432433434435436 ... LastLast