Page 350 of 437 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 400 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 4368

Thread: WC Streams report back

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Thanks everyone. The water is perfect at the moment. Not long before they get "finiky" again. I was a nervous wreck till it was in the net bryce.
    I bet you everyone would be nervous!! What size leader did you use to catch a fish of that size because I have been broken off by a very sizeable fish last year on a 6X leader and I must say when sight fishing for large fish I still get nervous using 6X leaders after that incident but I do think that the brand of the leader was a poor one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Nice fish Oom, Clark would be jealous!
    At one stage I was hoping he would swoop in, cloak flaring and diving in the water to knock the fish out and then hand it to me ready for the photograph. Luckily Darryl was there to klap me on the head which made me focus on my fish rather than Clark. ;-)
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

And here is a picture of Luke's Brown - also caught on Saturday.

409191_533791896646790_501123389_n[1].jpg

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Rols what an absolute cracker! A belated birthday gift I suppose?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Sjoe, the streams are producing cracking fish lately! And looking at the weather Saturday morning I thought the day wouldnt be that great. Congrats Luke.

Good fish coming out lately. Somehow I regret canceling my trip.
    Well done Rols and Luke. Stunning fish.

Hey Rols. GREAT fish there boet ::biggrin::biggrin:

I can imagine how you were shaking before it came to the net.

Been there myself with an UBER yellow.:wink:

Well done.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Wow those are some incredible fish!

Massive congrats Rols, that is a stupendous fish....

And to Luke, mate you have achieved what most double and triple your age never will with that fish,.... thats incredible, looks like a scene from the SOuth Island of NZ!!!

Well I fished SB1 on Sunday, and embarrased to say I had a shocker compared with you guys... first day on the streams this seaosn for me, and had the missus and a mate with me... and I had a VERY depleted fly box, so was very limited to say the least.... no excuse really, but I battled... between us we missed 7 fish, and I landed just the one.... took a nymph fished under a CDC and Elk....

I bust off one really good fish which ate a big RAB, and spooked 3 fish which looked to be of the proportion of Luke and Rols fish.... I've never seen a fish that size on the river, they were enormous...

Here is the one fish I did manage to get to the net..

I then managed to convert my 3 piece Sage 00# into a 4 piece Sage 00#...... I had it under my arm while rigging a dropper nymph for the missus... dropped it into the water by mistake and turned to grab it before it went floating off downstream and I slipped and managed to plant a size 12 pair of Sims Wading boots right onto the rod.... snapped directly above the grip... You can imagine how happy I was after that!!!!

SO after that my day went a bit pair shaped to say the least.... Nice to be back on the streams again though!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

I have SB6 on Sunday, if anyone wants to join me let me know.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Fished SB6 sunday, first time out this season and i think all the bloody stars must have alligned, i had a great morning with lots of firsts, first cast of the day fish on, later, 3 cast 3 fish, then later had 4 cast got three fish,had a double hook up and lost the fly on the dropper i have never been about numbers (mainly because i dont catch many ) but i got 15 missed as many and got broken off by 3 one of which was a sizable brown (sighhhhhhh)... I fished from 08.00 till 11.30am and it was fanatastic. Must say had a great variety in size from small up to 15inch's, it was bizarre though about 11.00am someone turned off the lights and the fished sopped feeding, glad i was there for there breakfast, had the normal problems with SB6 church Baptism, and swimmers but luckily no poachers.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 350 of 437 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 400 ... LastLast