Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Exploring the Eerste River mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Sh1t, he's cracked the code!
    A code ? ...... almost like a modern day treasure hunt ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Hi guys. I have the complete set of Piscators to date, bar number two of volume 1 (2nd quarter, 1947). I have been searching for number two for 20 years now and never been successful yet. All the guys that I know of who have it (all two of them) only have it in bound form and I would need a loose copy in order to photocopy in full spreads. The first two were roneod copies on cartridge paper, so a photocopied version makes for a very usable facsimile. I would be very grateful if any of you can put me onto someone who has a loose number 2 for me to copy please. I would be more than happy to reciprocate by allowing the same in order for him to fill his gaps.
    Chris, if you can't get an original of what you're missing, at the more sophisticated printing shops they have a state-of-the-art machine that can copy or photograph bound book pages without damaging the book. I'm the last person to advise on anything technical but ask your local printer they may be able to assist in taking a decent copy. I've used this before on several valuable old books and documents of mine. It may be a tad costly but sounds like it'd be worth it!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Wickhams View Post
    A code ? ...... almost like a modern day treasure hunt ?!

And the treasure is in sight
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10