Ingredients:
    Fresh Kabeljou, Geelbek or Hake (stokvis) fillets
    Eggs
    Dry bread crumbs
    Aromat
    Lemmons
    Cooking oil

Method:
    Beat 2-3 eggs. Dip fresh fillets in egg and then in bread crumbs. Fry in oil till brown both sides. Don't overcook! Sprinkle Aromat and then lemon juice on both sides to taste AFTER it's cooked, otherwise it will be dry. Can be eaten hot or cold.

You ill never want it any other way.

Do your bait the same way. Chokka rings with aromat and pepper (fresh crushed clove of garlic optional) allowed to stand for 20 minutes then roll in flour, dip in beaten egg and fry in hot oil for one to two minutes. Squeeze of lemon juice (lime juice is better if you can find fresh limes) and serve with grilled potato wedges and a green salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardbeast View Post
    Do your bait the same way. Chokka rings with aromat and pepper (fresh crushed clove of garlic optional) allowed to stand for 20 minutes then roll in flour, dip in beaten egg and fry in hot oil for one to two minutes. Squeeze of lemon juice (lime juice is better if you can find fresh limes) and serve with grilled potato wedges and a green salad.
    How do you secure all that to you hook though!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Why do you want to eat hake? Support trawling?

Does it work as well with bass? Or trout?

Bait = colloquial EC hillbilly slang for calamari.

Quote Originally Posted by muddler View Post
    Why do you want to eat hake? Support trawling?

Does it work as well with bass? Or trout?
    If you ever eat/taste fresh hake (never frosen) you will understand. I catch my own fish and cook them myself (I don't even trawl for them myself )
    I have tried it with bass, trout and bream (kurper), but not even close to saltwater fish.

Agree with you. Have a blind spot about guys doing the CAR thing on trout dams & buying trawled fish. Catch & eat on a sustainable basis is honourable.

Lardie, try grilling your spud wedges after tossing in olive oil & sprinkled with fresh, chopped rosemary.

Quite so, Mr Muddler. One makes an infusion of olive oil, crushed garlic, crushed rosemary and a drop of balsamic vinegar. Roll the murphies in that, sprinkle with salt and into the oven for a few minutes. Serve with aioli and a dab of chili paste.

pleaseeeeee guys stop using Aromat its bloody shocking stuff....seasalt,lemon rhind,green peppercorns and thyme place in coffee bean grinder and sprinkle on liberally.........also try a glass of red with kob its one fish that will take a good red
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Aromat is an acquired taste and goes well with bait. The scare stories are also a bit dodgy - if you force feed a lab rat half it's weight in the healthiest stuff on the planet every day it'll still go tits up. Pretty much the same drivel as the AGW mob would have us swallow so they can sneak in a few more stealth taxes.

Besides, it's easier to carry than a coffee grinder/mortar and pestle/pepper mill when you're sloping around on a beach with a diving knife and a four pack of beer in pursuit of lunch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast