Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Magalies Barbus Haven

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Has anyone fished near the source of the magalies river!! I have been up there once on a hike but had no rod!!! There were somenice fish up there!!!
    I would like to go, when t u taking me there?
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

I have been all the way up to the top, I know I posted a hole thing on the river, quite in depth, but I can't find it...

There is an old Trout Hatchery up there, it is now owned by 2 old ladies and a shot gun... the river is fed from a perpetual spring and even in low rainfall seasons, it still flows quite nicely. The source of the river is not far above BH, but there is a huge weir where they pull water off, into a furrow for the framers, this can pull allot of water off, and some times there is little water left in the stream...

Wish I could find the post...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    I have been all the way up to the top, I know I posted a hole thing on the river, quite in depth, but I can't find it...

There is an old Trout Hatchery up there, it is now owned by 2 old ladies and a shot gun... the river is fed from a perpetual spring and even in low rainfall seasons, it still flows quite nicely. The source of the river is not far above BH, but there is a huge weir where they pull water off, into a furrow for the framers, this can pull allot of water off, and some times there is little water left in the stream...

Wasn't this on Flyforum?

I saw the hatchery when i was up there!! There is a big pool i think above the hatchery where i saw some nice big fish!!
    Carpe Diem

theflyguide... thats where it was...

Rod, they Klip River had Browns in it till the late '80's, those fish came from that hatchery... you can Google Earth the spot, it is quite clear, with decent res...
    Mike McKeown

wat happened to the browns now?
    Carpe Diem

Ummm, there is a little township, just upstream of it, you might know of it, something about South Western Township, Soweto, I think is it's abreviation... can't be sure...
    Mike McKeown

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post

Mike, do you have the co-ords for this place? I would like to Google it to see how this place looks.

Check the maps...
    Mike McKeown

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    wat happened to the browns now?

As per another thread, I used to catch browns in the Klip in late 70s/80s but that's all gone now as Mike says - different types of browns there now..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast