Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Buying Flies For Yellows

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Hi Andre thanks for the kind invite but i really have such a busy schsdule at the moment i do not know if i will get the time......where is Johns shop?? i have received one offer to tie SM flies which i will take up...just LM now.
    Johns shop is in the Cape Storm building in Wynberg. For LM's, you just need a few woolly buggerish things. black, dark brown, olive...nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    OMR will show you OBS - OMG!!!!

Is it the secret recipe i have been looking for Old Boiled Socks
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Johns shop is in the Cape Storm building in Wynberg. For LM's, you just need a few woolly buggerish things. black, dark brown, olive...nothing special.
    Cheers Andre.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

IMHO certainly not the tipple James Bond (OHMSS) would have shaken and not stirred.

OBS is something FYTFOATP

PS - bring Nigella with you and leave that poof Jamie at home with his scooter and MSM (mundane scum mates)..

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    IMHO certainly not the tipple James Bond (OHMSS) would have shaken and not stirred.

OBS is something FYTFOATP

PS - bring Nigella with you and leave that poof Jamie at home with his scooter and MSM (mundane scum mates)..
    Sh1111t i think i have cracked the code,da vinci would be proud,

OBS= old brown sherry or sauce

FYTFOATP=FOR YOU TO FIND OUT AND TRY PHERHAPS........

i would not mind getting it on in the kitchen with Nigeeeela.....

When we meet up will tell you how TWAT oliver became famous!!! a couple of mates of mine worked with him at the river cafe in London..
    James Boswell.

Good effort Nick, AYP 'At Your Peril'! (Sorry an 'Earl Grey' crept it - 'T'..)

TWAT Oliver - I'd rather not know!

Nicholas, I and I'm sure so will the others gladly give you SM & LM flies of our own concoctions.
    I have been advised by Coop to contact Jacques Marais, which I will do in March. Should give me enough time to get OMR, Werner, Tony et al tying.
    (If we can get OMR away from the OBS and in front of his table )

I will pledge 10 SM flies and 5 LM fles foe Nicholas. Lets see if the others from Gangsters Paradise will match.

Save your money for the liquid breakfast, lunch & supper. WHOOOOO HOOOO

After all our guest from Laid Back Mountain is goin' to cook a mean hash!!!
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi N and Vaal/Orange co,

Just to confirm about flies.

I've fished the lower Vaal last year with JM.Look at some of my pics I posted earlier this week.

Def Wooly Buggers in black,brown and Olive.

MSP,important features is the pearl or gold body.

Deer hair MSP with yellow hot spot on the head and doll eyes.This is a b1tch to tie.Min 50min.

G

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Hi N and Vaal/Orange co,

Just to confirm about flies.

I've fished the lower Vaal last year with JM.Look at some of my pics I posted earlier this week.

Def Wooly Buggers in black,brown and Olive.

MSP,important features is the pearl or gold body.

Deer hair MSP with yellow hot spot on the head and doll eyes.This is a b1tch to tie.Min 50min.

G
    Please tell us and the world why the hell U aint joining us?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Please tell us and the world why the hell U aint joining us?
    Hi Herman,

Eish man,it sounds like this will be one of those memorable ones where u tell ur grand kids about it.

I just can't get away then,really!!! This is a year of building my future business wise.Once it's over I'll be more flexible.Next year and I mean the whole year looks good so far.

I'll make up by fishing with u locally on weekends.Come to think of it,let's do something on Sat closeby.

Up untill tonight I wasn't in the mood but after reading some stuff about yellows,I wanna go.Now!!!!!!!!!

G

Ps.Sorry,I know I'll miss out big time

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast