Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Which Fly Rod for casting

Ok I am by no means an expert and from what I have seen especially with dry flies when targeting visible fish accuracy is super important but in most cases presentation in any facet of fishing far outways any distance or accuracy as fish have tales and you might end up with the right place right time scenarion, if presented in the right manner the fish will respond.

The only thing that I can agree with in terms of distance (this most probably does not apply to small stream fishing at all from what I have gathered) especially when fishing still waters, again as with any artificial lure presentation whether being lure or fly is that you are able to cover alot more water more quickly.

Sorry for comparing bass fishing and fly fishing with each other but both fish species are predatory in nature and this is where most of my experience is unfortunately. The same applies to tigerfish and yellows that I target regularly. I am still an absolute virgin to fly fishing and will be fishing a body of water for the firsttime this evening with my fly rod in an open patch next to a dam wall with the hopes of any fish sucking in my fly for the first time.

I love the way people share on this forum and how gentlemanly a situation is defused. On a bass fishing point of view if someone had to make a comment it's usually not between the two people going at each other. The whole thing unfolds into one huge bar brawl of note with people taking sides and plenty of fists flying all around the show. Big up to you guys. This really is a very pleasant experience.

Emjay! You doing it again!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6