Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Largescales in the Blaauwbankspruit

Well you see, the problem is that we aren't really happy to give out details to free loaders. Why dont you go and do a bit of research yourself? Use the search functionality on this site!
    Drive out to the venues in the area, give them a ring, make friends with the farmers or something. None of us know who you are, and dont know if you will take 10 people to a stream that can only really carry 1 or 2 fly fisherman at a time.
    Oh, let me just say this, this is my opinion, and I'm not speaking for the other forumites, but I'm sure they share the sentiment, especially since you have only posted in this thread, and not benefitting any of the other forumites.

My 2c
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Understand what you are saying. You must understand I am new to this specific forum. I am an avid rock and surf, speciman carp & bass fisherman. I have recently taken up fly fishing again so forgive me for not being very informative or of benefit to other forumites as I am here to learn. And WHEN I CAN contribute I will.

Thank you for letting me feel welcome.

Boys, boys that is not nice. We can't go around chasing new forumers away. It is not in the interest of this forum to be like that. Granted it is also not always in our best interest to devulge our little secret spots, I for one don't, but keeping on to ignore that question whould probably have had a much less damaging effect.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Sorry, its not my intention to make you feel un-welcome.
    I just dont really like it when the 1st question a new user asks is "where can I access that venue" and "what flies can I use", then we never hear anything from that new forumite.

Knowing now that you are a nooby, I doubt that targetting largescales will be your best option. Why dont you come to the RPA meeting tonight, you will learn some good tactics, and meet some guys who could assist in your quest to learn more about fly fishing.

See here for more details: http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=3143
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Thanks for the invite. Tuesday are difficult for me as I have weekly meetings on Tuesdays. As I have said. I am new here and will contribute as soon as I feel that my knowledge can carry any weight. If I wasnt serious then I would not have spent R5500-00 on kit last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenalinjunkie View Post
    Thanks for the invite. Tuesday are difficult for me as I have weekly meetings on Tuesdays. As I have said. I am new here and will contribute as soon as I feel that my knowledge can carry any weight. If I wasnt serious then I would not have spent R5500-00 on kit last week.
    What the hell is it Sage or what
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    What the hell is it Sage or what
    NOW you've gone and done it!! .. the "S" word again!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Oh oh, here comes a sh1t storm...
    Check your knots!

I hope you weren't ripped off...

Understand what you are saying. You must understand I am new to this specific forum. I am an avid rock and surf, speciman carp & bass fisherman. I have recently taken up fly fishing again so forgive me for not being very informative or of benefit to other forumites as I am here to learn. And WHEN I CAN contribute I will.

Thank you for letting me feel welcome.
    Junkie, two venues I can recomend. Brookwood and Bergsig. They open to the public and I've picked up some nice scalies and largies there. Both are good places to get into things.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast