Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In search of the rarist 'yellow' of all - Witvis (Barbus andrewi)

Ja I thought as much, i have already mailed you my details
    Andre

AWESOME from start to finish!~! What a fantastic experience and beautifully documneted!! Kev those pics are ridiculous mate!~!!! Really stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing with us guys!!! That write up and pics put a big old grin on my face!!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ja I thought as much, i have already mailed you my details
    Andre
    Great...thought it was you. Great to have you aboard Andre. I think we will all be embarking upon something extremely exciting together. Tis the breaking of a new dawn in flyfishing at the Cape!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Chris, for some reason I missed that thread, but have just mailed you my details! I'm all in for whatever I can do to help!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Fantastic stuff.May the Witvis(and the Clanwilliam)go from strength to strength.

I heard there are some dams out Porterville way with Witvis in them?Are we likely to have more of this in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Fantastic stuff.May the Witvis(and the Clanwilliam)go from strength to strength.

I heard there are some dams out Porterville way with Witvis in them?Are we likely to have more of this in future?
    Without a doubt Arthur. We have already identified a number of dams in the Kouebokkeveld that will duelly be stocked with Witvis and Clanwilliams.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Chris, for some reason I missed that thread, but have just mailed you my details! I'm all in for whatever I can do to help!!
    Thanks Andre, will be great to have you aboard.

Nice. Awesome photos and what an interresting species. Up here we don't have Witvis but LS, SS and Chiselmouth definately make for interresting fun in the small streams of Mpumalanga and the other areas closer to Gauteng.

Heavily OT I know, but ...

I must comment that you guys are exceptionally good at getting great pictures. Now my question. I'm looking for a good (read : relatively inexpensive) small (I travel and fish very light) digicam with (preferably built-in) polarised lense options.

Any recommendations ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Nice. Awesome photos and what an interresting species. Up here we don't have Witvis but LS, SS and Chiselmouth definately make for interresting fun in the small streams of Mpumalanga and the other areas closer to Gauteng.

Heavily OT I know, but ...

I must comment that you guys are exceptionally good at getting great pictures. Now my question. I'm looking for a good (read : relatively inexpensive) small (I travel and fish very light) digicam with (preferably built-in) polarised lense options.

Any recommendations ?
    Thanks Scythe. I must say, I am still very happy with my little Pentax Optio W10. The newer one on the market is the W20. Great little cameras, small enough to fit into a pocket in the fly vest, waterproof, 6megapixels, good macro facility, good battery life.....suits my needs perfectly.

Nice. Saw the Optio's and they tweaked my interrest. In terms of the polarised lenses ? I know those are built in, my question is, do they see into the water well ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast