Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Working group for yellows - Cape chapter

I will be there, wont miss it for anything. See you Thursday evening Chris, please send some basic directions. Thanks

Eish, I'll try my best. If you enter Stellenbosch from the N1 side, turn left at the first major intersection as you enter Stellenbosch. (the intersection that has Eikestad Motors on the one corner). After turning left, turn right at the next set of robots. This is the road that takes you to Helshoogte. At the last set of robots before climbing up the hill to Helshoogte, turn right and then look out for a circle. Exit the circle at the 9pm exit. This road will take you all the way up to Jonkershoek. After a few km, look out for the Jonkershoek flyfishing board on your left. To your right you will see the entrance to Assegaaibos. You will have arrived. Hope this helps.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Your shortcut sounds complicated!

Driving from the N1 into Stellenbosch via the R307, which becomes Bird Str. At the 5th set of traffic lights, turn left onto Merriman, continue straight, at circle exit 12:00 (straight). Merriman becomes Martinson, which becomes Jonkershoek. Conitnue on this roiad until you find the fishery on your left.

http://www.jonkershoek.co.za/maptoflyfishery.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Your shortcut sounds complicated!

Driving from the N1 into Stellenbosch via the R307, which becomes Bird Str. At the 5th set of traffic lights, turn left onto Merriman, continue straight, at circle exit 12:00 (straight). Merriman becomes Martinson, which becomes Jonkershoek. Conitnue on this roiad until you find the fishery on your left.

http://www.jonkershoek.co.za/maptoflyfishery.html
    Thanks for helping out mate! Your way definitely sounds easier
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

can you believe this shit.
    my wife and i pop in at checkers durbanville to buy some meat and goodies for tonight's meeting. come out and my f.......g bakkie stolen. as it is, my wifes car's engine packed up and thats in for repairs. hulle ma se dingus.
    am trying to organise a lift. hope to see you guys
    pee'd off
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    can you believe this shit.
    my wife and i pop in at checkers durbanville to buy some meat and goodies for tonight's meeting. come out and my f.......g bakkie stolen. as it is, my wifes car's engine packed up and thats in for repairs. hulle ma se dingus.
    am trying to organise a lift. hope to see you guys
    pee'd off
    roland
    AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH OFF WITH THEIR B*LLS>
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Stupid question here from a free stater . Why don't they just clear a decent river, like berg or bree river in it stretches where carp, sm bass, blue gill and tench occur with that poison(reko-something), and introduce the three species plus the endangered minnows back into it? Really don't see problem with the trout higher upstream, they dont $^% the river system by eating anything that moves or turning in mud like a pig.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Default Thanks

herman
    thats what i needed. a response of note. it's been flippin hot here as everywhere else. my wife had the car and was shopping, so walks out with all the bags to find no car. now walks to the police station and gets to speak to whoever. my surname is oelofse. debbie had to spell this 3 times. adress was 10 times. FORD COURIER: hell that was almost a new flying bird. so thanks for that response. the *** thing is i so badly wanted to meet the guys at the yellowfish protection program, hey but next time.
    dankie ek gaan nou buite en .... man nou vergeet ek wat die wolwe doen, maar ek doen dit nou en ek weet dis nie vol maan nie
    cheers
    roland

Ai Rols, I am so sorry to hear that. My sincerest sympathy mate.

We had a very good first meeting last night with an extremely good turn out. It was informal and relaxed with everyone chipping in their 2c here and there, a great bunch of guys, I must say. Dean gave us a brief outline as to the nature of the job that has to be done and suggested that we get together soon as a group at a yellowfish venue for a weekend, where he will give us a powerpoint presentation about the extent of the problem and then we will have a practical first hand encounter with yellows in the wild at the same time. One of the ideas will be to stock virgin stillwaters in the Porterville area with Clanwilliam Yellows. Not only will they breed and thrive in these waters but they will provide sport for future generations of fly fishermen to enjoy. We have the prince of yellows here in the Cape, and it is high time that we as members of the public give them the respect and protection that they deserve. Personally, this is a very exciting project to be involved in, because it is such a noble and deserving cause. I would encourage more of you to join the group.

Rols, I cant remember if you have sent me your details yet, but if not, please do and we will include you on the global email list which Darryl Lampert has kindly offered to set up for us. This way, we will all be in the loop all the time. My email is chris@pprint.co.za

Cool Geelvis royalty !

Awesome! It fills my gut with a smile to hear that people (even you slaapenaars) are giving freely and unselfishly of your precious time to help with conservation of our beautiful bars of gold. If individuals all over the country follow suit, long may our rivers, streams and stillwaters be filled with golden fly taking happiness.

Now to start the flame war ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    We have the prince of yellows here in the Cape
    You guys might have the prince, but let all and sundry bow down before the king ... The LargeMouth !

(This weekend : Myself, a glide, a bugger, 10kg tippet and waterski-ing from Parys to Orkney, whoohooo !)
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast