Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bait Pasta

The only nubile blonde there was my daughter so we won't go there, so to speak! The only other blonde there was Mrs Gil and she was dispensing the pints, thus she was indispensable

However a reasonable Irish composite of Father Jack/Baldric/Mr Ples was in attendance in your Lordship's absence, and did an admirable if somewhat silent substitution on One's Behalf

We got two T-shirts from the Caves.

The one a fair representation of Homo Geelvaalensis's Avatar with the question underneath 'Who's Your Daddy?'

And another with a pic of Mrs Ples in full knuckle-bruising stride with underneath 'Learn To Say 'Homo Erectus' Without Giggling'

Methinks I'll have to have over these to Herman one of these days..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Lardo, I just got back from an anthropological expedition to Sterkie Caves with my daughter. The caves were closed with all the rain here - some German tourists got stuck down there for a while, serevs the Bstards right.....shame, I took my daughter to Ngwenya Glass where I bought her a few pressies, and strange co-incidence I visited Gils which as you know is next door. (I did SMS you but as no reply presumed you were up north). I would've SMS's Rory et al but it was only a one-beer stop. Mrs Gil was there and she/my daughter had a great chat. Poor old man Gil poisoned himself inhaling spray paint (shuold've stuck to real ale and not experimented..) so he wasn't there, but he'll be back in action next week. All the locals pass on their salaams to you
    Chris

Your're WICKED.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardbeast View Post
    Ta muchly, Mr W. Nothing Gil caught that can't be cured by a pint and a Ginsters pastie while squinting down the cleavage of a nubile blonde.

Have to see how things are when I get back so we can arrange a weekend sampling beer and throwing together a batch of comestibles. Maybe put together some kind of outdoor cooking event where unusual pots are used to produce curries and the like.
    F.. whatever as ROLS says, we get drunk!! NO PRBLEM!!!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    The only nubile blonde there was my daughter so we won't go there, so to speak!
    The thot plickens.....

As a gentleman of leisure you are no doubt familiar with the English breakfast of champions, to wit, kedgeree. Herewith a method in which one may end up replete on the couch with a cuppa and the Times crossword by noon if the the butler rolls in drunk at 4am on a Sunday morning and fails to deliver one's bacon and eggs as is the custom:

1 cup flaked cooked haddock (see if you can get the real salty beastie, not the orange horror sold as haddock at supermarkets.)

1 cup flaked smoked snoek

2 shallots, finely chopped

1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped fine

1 small chopped chili (optional)

1 teaspoon curry powder

1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds

4 boiled eggs, roughly diced

2 cups cold cooked rice

Large knob of butter

Place the butter and shallots in a medium hot pan and allow to cook gently until transparent. Add the cumin, garlic, chili and curry powder. Fry for around two minutes then add the fish and egg. Stir around for a minute or two, add the rice and warm through. Add salt and pepper to taste and pack into a teacup to mould into shape. Press down firmly but don't squash it. Turn out onto a plate and serve with buttered toast and Earl Grey tea.
    Last edited by Lardbeast; 03-05-08 at 07:35 PM.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of his government.

Lardbeast

TRY this:

1 WHOLE SMOKED TROUT.( flaked) ie boneless.
    2 COOK RICE IN LEMON/ BLACK PEPPER SPICED WATER.
    3 Leave both to cool.
    4 chop garlic, green /red/yellow peppers finely.
    5 chop onions finely.
    6 mix all in a platter by hand, adding balsamic vinegar/ lime juice, salt and more pepper to taste.
    7 Drip with olive oil. virgin.
    A great salad which can be served hot or cold.
    Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 04-05-08 at 05:03 PM.

Dang! That sounds good. Go well with some crusty bread and a dish of aioli and some chilis in oil.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Dang! That sounds good. Go well with some crusty bread and a dish of aioli and some chilis in oil.
    I use THOSE chinese bell chilli's. Not so hot/hot, do you know them.(will post you some seeds if you want.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    I use THOSE chinese bell chilli's. Not so hot/hot, do you know them.(will post you some seeds if you want.
    Dave
    Winter fishing is on us.

1 BOTTLE OLD BROWN.
    3 CHINESE CHILLIS.(pips included)
    What a pleasure. TRY IT.

Will do. I use green chilis chopped and put in olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and garlic. Goes well with everything and just plain pasta with that on it and a quick sprinkle of blue cheese is brilliant.

Another one is to take a tin of anchovies, oil and all and chuck it into a mortar and pestle (sans tin of course). Grind it up fine then add a drop of olive oil and a couple of cloves of garlic. Grind to a paste and chuck it into a bowl with a handful of capers. Throw in a pile of cooked linguine and mix well to coat it all with the garlic and anchovy mix. You can throw in a couple of black olives as well if you have them to hand. Couple of shavings of parmesan over it all and shovel it down the hatch. Quick, easy and blerrie lekker!!
    Last edited by Lardbeast; 04-05-08 at 05:42 PM.

Will do. I use green chilis chopped and put in olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and garlic. Goes well with everything and just plain pasta with that on it and a quick sprinkle of blue cheese is brilliant.

Another one is to take a tin of anchovies, oil and all and chuck it into a mortar and pestle (sans tin of course). Grind it up fine then add a drop of olive oil and a couple of cloves of garlic. Grind to a paste and chuck it into a bowl with a handful of capers. Throw in a pile of cooked linguine and mix well to coat it all with the garlic and anchovy mix. You can throw in a couple of black olives as well if you have them to hand. Couple of shavings of parmesan over it all and shovel it down the hatch. Quick, easy and blerrie lekker!!
    A man of taste.

Shyte, gotta go and eat something now. You got me drooling.(and a mans got to wash it down decently. )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2