Page 1 of 180 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the river/stream ...

Default Name the river/stream ...

Hi guys

Seeing that it's winter, and the river/stream fishing is slowing down for most of us, let's keep the flow going.

The idea is to guess the river/beat of the picture in question. The 1st person to get it right can/must post a pic of their own, and the guesswork continues.

Rules:
    1. You have to have fished the stream/river yourself.
    2. The pic must NOT be taken from any website, and should preferably have been taken by yourself or your fishing mate/s.
    3. Streams/Rivers inside SA only.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Excellent idea Mario! Could become a very popular thread this.

I'll hazard a guess at the upper Willow, only because it's the only stream in those familiar looking surroundings that I've fished
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Excellent idea Mario! Could become a very popular thread this.
    Thanks Chris, I hope so. The idea is to get to see some other pics of spots, even if I'll never get to fish them. Also, it's always nice to see if you recognise a place

I'll hazard a guess at the upper Willow, only because it's the only stream in those familiar looking surroundings that I've fished [/quote]

I'll wait for a few more rises before setting the hook ....
    Mario Geldenhuys

Stream x
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

A trib of the Sterk...
    But you said you had to have fished it... so that counts out 99.9% of the people on this site...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Stream x
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    A trib of the Sterk...
    But you said you had to have fished it... so that counts out 99.9% of the people on this site...
    What I meant was, you would have to have fished the river/stream that you are posting a pic of. Otherwise people would submit just any old pic.

Also, your guess is ...

Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by flybum View Post
    this is a real great idea and can be fun.

my guess is it is the willow - but on the section below balloch .

herman botes
    Mario Geldenhuys

I will guess the Bokspruit
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 1 of 180 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast