Quote Originally Posted by Troep View Post
Andre,

At varsity one of my friends had this Weigh Master net, and the times we were fishing not that far apart and it looks like a decent fish, we would weigh it... and the feedback I got wasn't as accurate as the scale and vice versa.

So, if and when I get this net, I can weigh the freakin fish, and sleep leke... and if and when I ever get to fish the Vaal again and do hook a 4kg at least I would know that it was indeed a 4kg fish... unlike my previous one thats been degraded to a 2.5kg...

Anyway, im competing against myself and I have no intention about bragging over a fish... catching a midget is still fun for me...

Ciao
Ya, I hear you.... Its however quite easy to calibrate some nets, and even if you cant, you test it with an accurate weight, and factor in the variance. It's not about cometing with anything or anyone, but even if it was, so what, I also like to weigh some fish, especially when it's a good one. The point I am trying to make, it that a fish as not aslways as heavy as you think when you estimate. I can show you a photo of a fish that was caught by MC at Wag 'n Bietjie, it was huge, and we estimated it at about 10 pounds, we measured it, and it was 8 pounds, or 3.5 killograms. A 4 kg fish is just under 10 pounds, and I can tell you, that is a monster.
So, whats bragging? over estimating your catch, or simply weighing it to be more accurate? Besides, I have no problem with bragging. Humility is over rated anyway.