Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Another successful Fish River mission

Quote Originally Posted by clarias View Post
    Pop, went to a talk last night about some of the research into barbel populations in the Fish and Sundays systems: Catch per unit effort (CPUE) in Grassridge dam: 100kg/angler/day.
    When we going???
    (know some tricks for barbel)
    You can then also show me your spots for yellows!!

How's the exploration on your side coming along?
    HI Clarias

Give me a shout, and we go get some. Exploration slow, hunting season soon so i dont want to be to pushy, they just got guns, buck and booze on their minds at the moment. But wll let you know when all is finalised. Met a guy yesterday who has stocked trout a couple of years in the area, but P.E. GUYS are shy on the forum. Should be nice for beginners to catch first trout.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Time and transport... a student's two biggest nightmares.
    I think we should give it a go later in the year, once the waters start warming up a bit... after September things should start picking up again.

I'll see what else I can dig out in terms of info by then!
    Cheers

Oh yes, haven't seen Martin yet. I'm busy studying for exams, and even a simple question such as water colour at Thrift can kick off a conversation that lasts all afternoon (provided nobody phones him in between!). Not that that is a bad thing... but when you have to study

I'm sure he'd be interested to hear about the boat, as I don't think outboards, or even electric motors, are allowed.

Time and transport... a student's two biggest nightmares.
    I think we should give it a go later in the year, once the waters start warming up a bit... after September things should start picking up again.

I'll see what else I can dig out in terms of info by then!
    Cheers

Oh yes, haven't seen Martin yet. I'm busy studying for exams, and even a simple question such as water colour at Thrift can kick off a conversation that lasts all afternoon (provided nobody phones him in between!). Not that that is a bad thing... but when you have to study

I'm sure he'd be interested to hear about the boat, as I don't think outboards, or even electric motors, are allowed.
    Clarius

How big is GRASSRIDGE, does one need a boat and trolling motor, or will kickboats be O.K. What are the roads like?, my A6 Audie has been there , done that, if it comes to the push. ( also have golf L.D.V.) But mates of mine have d/cabs, if they not working.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

No idea, will find out. For barbel, wading about in the shallows is usually fine.
    It is now in Addo Elephant NP, so the roads (might) be OK. I think there is some info on the EC Nature Conservation website.

Sounds like you got some good little 4x4s there! Do most of my fishing trips in my friend's old Volvo (i think) that he can unlock with a stick and start with a yale- lock key!!! haven't had to push it yet, and it has seen some bad roads and hit some big rocks, too fast.
    They knew how to build cars back in the day, those japs did...

No idea, will find out. For barbel, wading about in the shallows is usually fine.
    It is now in Addo Elephant NP, so the roads (might) be OK. I think there is some info on the EC Nature Conservation website.

Sounds like you got some good little 4x4s there! Do most of my fishing trips in my friend's old Volvo (i think) that he can unlock with a stick and start with a yale- lock key!!! haven't had to push it yet, and it has seen some bad roads and hit some big rocks, too fast.
    They knew how to build cars back in the day, those japs did...
    If its kickboat friendly, dont hassle, i've got extra outfit for you to use. Sounds good, when you're ready.

Dave

Correction: I was talking about Darlington Dam, which is in Addo and on the Sundays/Orange.
    Grassridge is at Craddock and is on the Fish/Orange.

Can't find much info on Darlington- which greatly increases its attractiveness to me as a fishing destination (no crowds!).

Cheers

Correction: I was talking about Darlington Dam, which is in Addo and on the Sundays/Orange.
    Grassridge is at Craddock and is on the Fish/Orange.

Can't find much info on Darlington- which greatly increases its attractiveness to me as a fishing destination (no crowds!).

Cheers
    I'm on track with Darlington/Sundays river, Fish/Orange I need info from you and boetie (kr.........) HE...HE....

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3