Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaal Winter 1

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Guys, sorry but I,m out, Family Tragedy. Need time to sort out all the "crap" as well as time for myself to "wrap my mind around it".
    Ciao for now.
    Eish Herman...sorry to hear. Hope you are doing okay...my thoughts are with you.

Cheers
    Mike

Herman, I am praying for you okes.......
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Guys, sorry but I,m out, Family Tragedy. Need time to sort out all the "crap" as well as time for myself to "wrap my mind around it".
    Ciao for now.
    Sorry to hear Herman - we'll miss you. Take it easy.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    With a sinking line, how does presentation really come into it.?
    My typo, I should have said an intermediate line. I like an intermediate over a floater because it penetrates the surface and you can fish without the current interfering with your intended path of retrieval too much.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    The line of choice has nothing to do with viz.
    Actually it has a lot to do with it.

Majority of times it'll be a floater in water 3m-5m
    Then you will only ever be fishing the top 1M-1.5M of the water column, unless you're chucking extremely heavy flies which are more suited to heavier rods than a 7WT. Sometimes this works, most times it does not. How many times do you see the LargeMouth before you catch it on the upper/middle Vaal ? 1 in 20 maybe, the majority are slightly deeper or right at the bottom.

Why design a line if a 1/4 is meant to be cut off?I have a different view and answer from the manufacturer.I'll stick to their intended purpose rather than playing with cutting lines to suit whatever rod or casting style.
    It's not made that you HAVE to cut it before you use it, the taper is such that if you DO want to lighten it for whatever reason, it won't affect the castability of the remaining line.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Byron, about Wimpy, I dont know what time it opens but in my opinion, any place......in that area, that serves brekie should be open early enough to allow all the mielie boere in that area to have brekie.

So we'll have to see.

Default L.M Yellows in winter

Thanks Scythe and Michael for your info. mmmmmm!! Pity, i love sinking lines, but intermediate is just as good.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Default Weather

Looks like weather will be OK !

Forecast: Saturday, 28 June 2008

Min: 2°C Max: 20°C
    Weather: Fine.
    Wind: light northeasterly
    Sunrise: 07:00 Sunset: 17:28
    Moonrise: 01:45 Moonset: 13:02
    Moonphase: Waning
    Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.

Yoh...lots of LM talk going on. Dont forget the awsome dry fly fishing for the SM's. I'm not going to concentrate that much on the LM's this weekend. I did ty a few LM flies to try out, but I'm not fully set up for LM's.
    My 5wt Elkhorn is not the ideal setup for LM fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Yoh...lots of LM talk going on. Dont forget the awsome dry fly fishing for the SM's. I'm not going to concentrate that much on the LM's this weekend. I did ty a few LM flies to try out, but I'm not fully set up for LM's.
    My 5wt Elkhorn is not the ideal setup for LM fishing.
    So CJ I'm thinking...

Maybe I bring these two old fiber glass 7wt poles that I have and we use them like outriggers and troll a few live baby SM yellows, should entice a largie or a snorbek or two... If we paddle fast enough maybe we can do the drift twice before lunch

Should put a smile on ol' Pap-en-----'s face.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Right...I am in. But I may not see you guys...Elgro told me this morning that the boats are all fully booked! Anyway, I know another farmer in the same area that will allow me access to the river, and I am lending an Ark with a transom. I'm taking my g/f with...she can row while I fish.
    (uhm....NO...hence the transom mount...taking the trolling motor).

Nice thing is I will be getting in 6km above Elgro, not 12km like you guys...so I'll fish all the water before you get there. hehe
    No worries I'll try to leave a few for you guys...
    Naah, just allows more time to fish productive spots...no rush.

I may see you guys on the water then...otherwise, will let you know how it went.

Mike

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast