Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaal Winter 1

Default Vaal Winter 1

Okey Dokey, time for a Vaal Winter trip for the not so woosies.
    2 dates available: 28 June or 6 July.
    All are welcome however we need flotation craft as well as a venue. ( Within 11/2hrs drive from Jhb.) My venue seems to suck
    Dates and venues suggestions close on Friday 20th June at 12:00
    For those who have never done a Vaal get together before this is an experience not to be missed.
    C.J. Please get hold of Gerrit and tell him he will always be welcome.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

I can do 28 June so that date gets my vote. Can't do the July date.

I can float on my float tube unless someone has a boat that they would like to share with me .

If there are enough guys from JHB interested we could share lifts (thanks Tito and OPEC for making fishing even more expensive!).
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

After this past weekend, I nominate Elgro and I will be in attendance !

If there is going to be more than 5 guys, the whole "Tubes in the pool @ Eendekuil" thing simply won't fly.
    Last edited by Scythe; 17-06-08 at 09:51 PM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I can do 28 June so that date gets my vote. Can't do the July date.

I can float on my float tube unless someone has a boat that they would like to share with me .

I'll go for the boat thing, you can hire a inflatable at Elgro mos

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    After this past weekend, I nominate Elgro and I will be in attendance !

If there is going to be more than 5 guys, the whole "Tubes in the pool @ Eendekuil" thing simply won't fly.
    Man if you are that positive, I welcome you to teach me, because I know "noshing" about winter yellows.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

I may be in...hopefully...any venue is cool with me, will see on the date.
    Byron, take your v-boat...it's better than an ark on the Vaal in winter!!!

Mike

Default I am Back !

Hi, been in Africa for couple of months
    I am OK for both dates, also have float tube and space in my "farm implement" for two more (leaving from JHB)
    Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Hi, been in Africa for couple of months
    I am OK for both dates, also have float tube and space in my "farm implement" for two more (leaving from JHB)

I'm in!

Herman, I'll speak to Gerrit and Helmut. Helmut stays like a "k" away from me and he was talking about slamming a few beers at Harvesters, so I'll let you know.

As for the venue.....I nominate Oosthuizens! My reason is simple.....huge pool that will accomidate a few inflatables! Lots of rising fish. The fishing there on Sunday was great and let me tell you......if I had a floating device....I would have probably tripled my catch rate!!!
    That water is not that deep....there is a lot of shallow banks that gives awsome sight fishing oppertunaties. If you like you could row to the deeper water to throw a MSP for Largies.

Distance.......1 1/2 from Kempton!

Gaza Banned User

Default Winter yellows

Hi All
    Had a go at the "little yellow devils" this past Sunday. Put the Arc in the water at Eendekuil on a near perfect day...... except for the fish , they were not keen. So if I promise to behave , and make the Arc available if required , can I join you guys on the 28th , if I can rearrange my work schedules ..

Gaza Banned User

Default Visual Action at eendekuil

Hi Herman
    Most of the action was between 12 - 2 , slowed down after that.
    Fish were doing splashy takes , on the top , and in the surface . There were sporadic hatches of Mayflies coming of , at the areas where the tongue of the current meets the slower water . Most of the action was further back in the pool. The occasional few caddis fly's would pop of , in about a size 10 , but I always seemed to be too late getting there to capitalize ..

Caddis ?

This time of year ?

Geez, talk about global warming.

I saw a few white moths doing the rounds, nothing hatching from the surface other than midges and a few BWO and PMD, though the hatch was thick for most of the afternoon from around 10 AM onwards.

Funnily enough flybum I listened to your PodCast the other day (just to see what toothpick powered nonsense you sprout ) but that was the first time ever I saw a hatch which was a dead ringer for a PMD, buggers were big too, the spinners and duns were #14 easy.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast