Thread: GRHE Czech Nymph

Default GRHE Czech Nymph

OK, here goes:

Step 1
    Wrap square or round lead wire around shank & apply small drop of superglue.

Step 2
    Attach thread (12/0 or thinner), build up front and rear tapers while at the same time tying in the first and second rib. First rib is fluo orange floss (Uni) and the second is brown 4 lbs mono.

Step3
    Form a very thin dubbing noodle in a dubbing loop and wrap up to the 2/3 mark. Tease out well & trim excess hair on top of shank.

Step 4
    Tie in the shellback (Siman Pearl Shrimp Foil) with the shiny side facing up.
    Form a further dubbing noodle & wrap thorax. Stroke teased fibres down with every wrap and again trim excess off top when done.

Step 5
    Wrap first ribbing in evenly spaced wraps.

Step 6
    Pull shellback over the fly and secure by ribbing from back to front with the second rib.
    Colour thorax area and tease out any trapped body fibres.
    Apply varnish & add water.

MC, slaap jy nie soos ander normale mense nie ? 04H34 !!!

baie mooi vlieg BTW, dankie

Eben,

Die prokurowers weet hulle het limited ure voor Lou Syfer hulle kom haal so hulle maximise die tyd wat hulle het, my pa en broer is beide so
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Ouderdom is 'n woeste ding - as ek eers wakker word, dan slaap ek nie weer nie, toe kom ek maar werk toe.

Ouderdom of jaag jou sondes jou ?

Ek het 'n vinnige cure vir beide ... bottel Bells wat ek by die laaste Festival gekry het ... drie chugs ... 15 minute later ... zzZZzz.

Mors net so bietjie met die oggend se gym/opstaan/meetings/etc.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Default Shellback

HI MCC,

Have you or anyone tied shellbacks using raffia. I have and one can varnish it to get a glossy look as well.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi there Dave

Raffia looks good as a shellback but the stuff is difficult to work with. The Shrimp Foil, normal and pearl, is great and easy to use. Interestingly, the Czechs and pretty much all the other European guys use the matt side of the shellbacks. It certainly looks very good and it hilds the permanent markers much better.

Cheers
    MC

MC, very nicely tied fly, the profile is perfect, though you are a master fly tyer

MC won the Mustad Scandinavian Open fly tying competion for 2005 and 2006 in the saltwater fly division, I would rate MC as one of the top fly tiers internationally (Mustad seems to think so)
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

HI MC

Nice pattern, any reason its tied on circle hooks? Is it your "control" fly and a circle used to avoid snagging the bottom. Also, how does the fly ride in the water. Upside down due to weighting or right way up?

Thanks
    Liam
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring