30 41.10%
  • No

43 58.90%

Thread: Members Reputations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Members Reputations

Hi Guys,

Since we have had a few requests for members being able to rate other members, please read below and vote (your vote won't be made public - as in ZIM):

General Topics
    About User ReputationsUser Reputations:
    vBulletin's user reputation system provides a way of rating users based on the quality of their posts. Users on your forums can add or subtract reputation points from other users by clicking the reputation link in their posts. You can set restrictions on the giving and taking away of reputation points by users in your vBulletin options.

User reputations allow the users in your community to tell vBulletin which users are quality and which users are not. And in response to user feedback, vBulletin has the ability to label and reward users for the quality of their posts, as is indicated by their reputation.

User reputation levels work very similar to user titles and user ranks in that they are an indicator of status that are displayed next to names in posts.
    Last edited by Pierre; 07-07-08 at 04:48 PM.

I'll be the first to voice my opinion,

I think this will result in another tiff not to long from now.Not long ago we had a discussion about being called an expert.The consenses that was reached clearly stated or rather implied that no one can lay claim to such status.Why?The reasons are obvious.

Now u wanna rate someone according to their posts?So if it was a good informative post and someone learnt something from it he'll get a good rating which implies he/she is an expert ie high rating,kind off contradicting if u ask me.

This is a bad idea,no one wants the "title" but yet ur opinion of others will result in them becoming experts or some one with a "good" reputation.

Please if u do decide to implement this count me out,please rate me at the bottom of the pile cause I'm no expert nor do I want to become one cause u can never be something which isn't there.I also couldn't care less about my reputation on this forum or any other place.This is said with great respect to the owners of this forum and or any other person/s.

G

Hmmmm, Member Ratings???

I think it's a great idea, provided we have the sense to use it correctly. I'd rate people tha submit SBS, pics, great info, great replies, great posts etc. The rest, leave alone!

Rate by Fly Fishing Relevance, and all will be awesome!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I don't see how a rating related to contributions, being willing to help, making SBSes or posting good usable information has anything to do with being seen as an 'expert'

Let those who want to have a tiff rather not say anything then, might help with keeping Flytalk about flyfishing.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Hmmmm, Member Ratings???

I think it's a great idea, provided we have the sense to use it correctly. I'd rate people tha submit SBS, pics, great info, great replies, great posts etc. The rest, leave alone!

Why change a good thing? Rate by number of posts! Surely quantity beats quality any day?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Hmmmm, Member Ratings???

Mario I rate u,case is now closed.

I don't have to click on something to prove that.I think ur a flippin good tyer and fisherman on streams.U know ur story with rodbuilding and u take good snaps

What else do u want,a medal of achievement?A high rating on a forum?

How will I rate u when we meet in person?U might voice ur opinion about me smoking,I'll take offense, I'll de-rate u and call you a d@@S for judging and not seeing the real me.See where I'm coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    I don't see how a rating related to contributions, being willing to help, making SBSes or posting good usable information has anything to do with being seen as an 'expert'

Let those who want to have a tiff rather not say anything then, might help with keeping Flytalk about flyfishing.
    It has everything to do with it.Good SBS,good info,good replies.People will rate u high ie u'll be portraid as an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Fario View Post
    Why change a good thing? Rate by number of posts! Surely quantity beats quality any day?
    U'll have a pathetic rating,I'll be high in the couds.What does that mean?Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    People will rate u high ie u'll be portraid as an expert.
    Does what a visitor might think of you based on what others have thought about you make any difference to the fact that you're contributing ?

I think not.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.