Thread: Mount Ceder

Default Mount Ceder

Taking a much needed break at Mount Ceder this weekend. I hope to wet a line, although it is probably too cold to be very successful.

Anyone willing to part with some tips or recommendations?

All help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post
    Taking a much needed break at Mount Ceder this weekend. I hope to wet a line, although it is probably too cold to be very successful.

All help appreciated.
    Some good fish came out of iced up waters the weekend before last in the Dordrecht area. As long as you keep warm, go for it and enjoy.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post

All help appreciated.
    I am no expert, but the following may be useful. Use Dragons and fish the bank edges carefully.....be extremely stealthy (light foot fall) and don't show yourself. There is every chance you could get yourself a nice yellow. They like lying right up against the banks in the Groot. Also try fishing downstream of the rapids using a well weighted control fly and dropper rig. Hope this helps. Have fun!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Default Hi Permit king,

I have never fished there and have no idea --- bud if you can hook and land a permit you can catch fish any place – have fun --

Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    I have never fished there and have no idea --- bud if you can hook and land a permit you can catch fish any place – have fun --
    WTF?
    the river should be running on the high(ish) side - if you have an inflatable or a tube you might be able to reach some of the deeper pools, get onto the side and fish deep for yellows. bass should also be around. otherwise support the local wine cellars - highly recommended!

Thanks Juan. We really need another trip like that!

Thanks Chris and Will. I will give it a go.

If you are confused about Juan's comment (and interested) the explanation is this: On Juan and my last trip together, he comprehensively outfished me (as usual) both in species, numbers and sizes. He caught three times as many Queenies over 75 cms than I did, got skippies etc etc.

But I got that Permit - sight fished, the whole thing. And for some reason, people dont want to know about all of the big fish Juan caught, or even see the pictures. All they want to know about is the Permit.

I love it!!

S*€t i know that feeling all to well, fishing with that freak.