Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Open spot for Destination X: Smallmouth yellows in the WC

Yes i've also wondered why this thread is so quiet.

Lekker, well done & in shitty viz to boot.

Let's see the rest of the pics.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

This river will be fantastic in the summer, i will definitly be on the next trip thats for sure. I've checked this spot on Google Earth. Miles and miles or unspoilt river and the water was very clear, you could see bottom.

Nice fish well done - how was the rest of the trip and fishing?
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    This river will be fantastic in the summer, i will definitly be on the next trip thats for sure. I've checked this spot on Google Earth. Miles and miles or unspoilt river and the water was very clear, you could see bottom.
    Most of your WC rivers ARE just that and in summer to boot. Very envious I am.

It's almost enough reason to move to the WC.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Hi guys
    Been a bit busy today as I lost time on Friday due to the trip. Was a very nice place with good possabilities in summer. The water was very cold and we never saw too much fish activity. I would also have had a pic of a fish, had it not slipped out my hand when Morne handed it to me for the pose
    No seriously, I blanked, but not through lack of trying I fished deep, middle, surface, in the trees.....in fact, bar spitting on my bladdy flies, I tried evrything....not to be. Morne got the first 2 and Deewy and LeRoy one apiece. Actually, I did'nt want to mess my net up with the smell of yellowfish, just in case it affects my chances with trout when the season begins
    Was very cold in the evenings....I wore long pants on Sat night but fished in my traditional shorts while standing knee deep in the water. I must still download the pics...(probably because there's none of me with fish) that's why I'm dragging my butt.
    Oh, one more thing, It's always good to get permission from the farmer before climbing through his fence and setting up your tent
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Oh, one more thing, It's always good to get permission from the farmer before climbing through his fence and setting up your tent
    Cheers
    Damn right! Much more of that and your so called 'Destination X' could become an X destination for all.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi guys

Was very cold in the evenings....I wore long pants on Sat night
    Cheers
    LONG PANTS!!! .... you are DEFINITELY getting OLD Rols!!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    LONG PANTS!!! .... you are DEFINITELY getting OLD Rols!!!!
    yup.....the writings on the wall....
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Howzit Guys!

Rols, Morne, Deewy, Terrence and I had an awesome weekend, but HARD fishing! Weather and river conditions weren't exactly ideal, but our results only made us itch for when they are!
    Morne and Deewy got their first SMY though, CONGRATS GUYS! Deewy also managed a nice LMB, while I got a juvy yellow and an even more juvy LMB.
    As could be expected, the campfire sessions were quite memorable

Cheers!
    "I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast